Transducer on 2004 Triton TR20

I am having issues with my transducer on the back. It stops reading after about 15mph. It is a Garmin 93sv. Can sometime tell me where on this boat I can mount this so it will ready properly. My friend has his on a nitro and reads fine at high speed. This boat has a drop down and nitro doesn't. I have it mounted towards the bottom of the first step
    Last edited by Kmclebass; 12-12-2021 at 08:34 AM.

2. Member
    You mount the transducer in the bilge area on the bottom on the passenger side just to the left of center and it will be a shoot thru hull set up. You use epoxy to glue it down. I'll bet there is an old transducer in your bilge area now under the center plate under the batteries. I have a TR 21 and mine will shoot thru at 75 mph. If some one has already removes the old transducer you may have to remove the old epoxy or remove that old transducer which is easy you just smack it sideways with a hammer and it will come right out.

3. Member
    Thanks for the feedback, so this is a side finder transducer. I didn't think you could shoot through on those?

4. Member
    Post a pic of where you have it currently mounted.

Is it a gt 54 or gt 56 transducer?

I prefer mounting ss ducers to the jackplate…..lots of commercial brackets available…..but also pretty easy to fabricate your own that will be just as good or better than commercial brackets.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

5. Member
    I had bracket made to mount my SI transducer to my jack plate on my TR21 but it won't read SI over 45 mph. I just switch it to another transducer I mounted in the bilge.

6. Member
    How does the side imaging work being through the hull?

7. Member
    It won’t

8. Member
    Ya I didn't think it would work through the hull. So with the trition and the way it has 3 levels to the back end what I am seeing here is a jack plate mount would be the only way to get reading at higher speed, correct? With that, how low should it be mounted

9. Member
    20211223_145825.jpg
    My current setup

10. Member
    You have to mount it down at the level where the bunk is not up where it is now. The bracket I had made has a flat plate then the transducer bolts to the bottom and this puts it even with the bottom of the hull. Where you have it now is up on the transom step not the bottom of the boat. Mine is in the water at high speed but it doesn't read over 40-42 mph in SI.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmclebass View Post
    20211223_145825.jpg
    My current setup
    The problem with mounting low enough to read depth "at speed" is it makes your $300+ SV transducer very vulnerable to damage when you run over floating sticks, weed patches, etc. Wasn't a big deal in the past when transducers were only $75. and boats were much slower...Also, I wouldn't think you could get in down to water level by mounting on jackplate, and if you did it would disturb clean water flow to prop.
    2002 Skeeter ZX200
    2018 200SHO

12. Member
    If you want to read on plain you need to buy a GT30/Gt8 combo plus Y cable.
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS