2015 nitro z7 with 150 four stroke setup

Looking for people opinion on what I should go about with prop set up

currently has no jackplate 23 pitch tempest with 2 12’ talons running 5700 rpm getting 56 with 2 guys and full wells… With four batteries in the back and full wells holeshot is around 7 seconds or so and I would like to improve that as much as possible. Thinking about getting a 10” bobs hydraulic to see if I could make the holeshot quicker. For sure want the jackplate for the all the benefits including speed and running shallower.

My question is how much would having that jackplate help the holeshot? Or would I have to possibly go to a 22 pitch in place of the 23 pitch after getting the jackplate?

Thanks

2. Member
    Run a bravo xs for hole shot after getting the plate. Get lithium batteries for your troller to lighten up the load.

3. Pat Goff
    You have a big load for a small motor.

More setback NEVER improves holeshot. It might not hurt it but it won’t help.

Prop choice is always what gets you to the top of your rpm range, so you’re not there. You’re at least one and probably two inches stiff on pitch, so that’s where I would start. Smaller prop will improve take off and carrying a load quite a bit. So I’d be testing props and motor height way before I swapped plates.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by brycdallas99 View Post
    Looking for people opinion on what I should go about with prop set up

currently has no jackplate 23 pitch tempest with 2 12’ talons running 5700 rpm getting 56 with 2 guys and full wells… With four batteries in the back and full wells holeshot is around 7 seconds or so and I would like to improve that as much as possible. Thinking about getting a 10” bobs hydraulic to see if I could make the holeshot quicker. For sure want the jackplate for the all the benefits including speed and running shallower.

My question is how much would having that jackplate help the holeshot? Or would I have to possibly go to a 22 pitch in place of the 23 pitch after getting the jackplate?

Thanks
    you wanna put a 10 inch plate on a z7?.. imagine me typing no as many times as possible.

5. Member
    What if I were to get an 8 or a 6 what would be the gain if I did that? Good or bad?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brycdallas99 View Post
    What if I were to get an 8 or a 6 what would be the gain if I did that? Good or bad?
    I tried a 6" Bob's hyd plate and it didn't help my Z7 with a hole shot. Installing lithium batteries made a big difference in mine.