Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best accuracy rifle out of the box

In your experience what have you found that was accurate out of the box. Make model etc. Reliable fireman for hunting deer. I have a Savage 308 with a heavy barrel that does well but it's heavy lol. What have you folks found for accuracy and reliability?

2. Member
    This is a question that a normal individual cannot answer. Most folks have not used a bunch of different models and certainly not a large sample size of each model. I think most rifles are reliable and accurate enough for their intended uses. Even the plastic stocked economy models that are so popular these days.

Most any of the major manufacturer’s rifles can be made to shoot accurately. Ammo is the biggest variable. A good hand loader can tune a load to the specific firearm. I have Ruger, Savage, and Tikka rifles that will shoot 1/2” groups @ 100 yards with quality ammo.

83856101-B65A-4442-AB9D-8F9189D01A73.jpeg

This is a three shot group @ 100 out of my Tikka 6.5 Creedmoor. Ammo is a semi-custom round shooting Hornady 143 grain ELD-X bullets.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

Man it seems like they all are pretty decent for the most part, almost every new gun I've bought in quite some time could shoot better than Me!

5. Member
    Cant answer that question without more information. How much $$$ do you want to spend? What will it be used for? What optics? A particular caliber your interested in? I'm assuming a bolt action?
    Phillip "Wade" Norris
    2015 Ranger Z520C
    250 Merc Optimax Pro XS (S# 2B113454)
    25P Fury - 4 blade all holes open

6. Member
    Ruger Hawkeye or M77, Weatherby Vanguard, Tikka T3, Browning Xbolt are all ones I'd buy with confidence. From what I hear, the budget Mossbergs can be tack drivers or they can be scatterguns depending on the luck of the draw. And Savage are generally very accurate but some batches are said to be prone to rust due to bad bluing.
    Last edited by BP in ME; 12-11-2021 at 08:09 AM.

Tikka and Sako all have a sub moa guarantee. They get the nod from me. I do have a browning xbolt that has done the best out of any gun I own but it is a heavy piggy by my design to shoot longer range. Browning makes no guarantee and that's sad.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

8. Member
    Cooper

9. Member
    Love my bought new in 1970 Ruger Model 77 - 30.06 w/Leupold Vari X scope. Still shooting as good as new

10. Member
    Like said, most manufacturers make a good shooting gun out of the box. I bought a Ruger American in a 270 about 10 years ago to take to Texas hog hunting… wasn’t sure how much I would get to go so didn’t want to break the bank. Gun still surprises me and it’s becoming one of my favorite range guns, shoots better than I do.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    Tikka and Sako all have a sub moa guarantee. They get the nod from me. I do have a browning xbolt that has done the best out of any gun I own but it is a heavy piggy by my design to shoot longer range. Browning makes no guarantee and that's sad.
    f5f1096d9c7ff5544fda10b97f0a9405.jpg

I mean they told you they were good? Haha

It’s all personal preference. About all will shoot better than the person behind the trigger. Browning is my personal favorite. They may not “guarantee” their accuracy but I’ll take them any day over Tikka. This is from a Hell’s Canyon Speed Long Range in .300 WSM shooting 150 grain CoreLokt. The high hit was after bore sighting and the next 5 shots are after some scope adjustments. And I’m not a good shot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

13. Banned
    Browning and Rugger have been the best right out of the box for me also. Love my BAR best of all.

14. Member
    I have a Remington 700 300 wsm, that shoots 3/4" at 150 yds (at least once 11 yrs ago). It replaced a pre-Accutrigger Savage that also shot pretty nice. A great trigger will help any gun shoot better.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

15. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    CVA and Bergara both come with Factory Bergara barrels. For the price I am not sure they can be beat. IMO
    Fisher 1710C - Mercury 60 Horse 4 stroke
    **Crappie Fishing Fool**

16. Member

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EKYRanger View Post
    It’s all personal preference. About all will shoot better than the person behind the trigger. Browning is my personal favorite. They may not “guarantee” their accuracy but I’ll take them any day over Tikka. This is from a Hell’s Canyon Speed Long Range in .300 WSM shooting 150 grain CoreLokt. The high hit was after bore sighting and the next 5 shots are after some scope adjustments. And I’m not a good shot.
    VERY Nice grouping there.........but I have to say, you have a LOT more gun there than deer. Maybe a bit of over kill for Kentuk deer ? That doe looks under a 100 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
    VERY Nice grouping there.........but I have to say, you have a LOT more gun there than deer. Maybe a bit of over kill for Kentuk deer ? That doe looks under a 100 lbs.
    Definitely overkill, but I like it. Just wanted to try out the rifle and scope. That little red dot sure looks good on a deer and I’m partial to the .30 calibers.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EKYRanger View Post
    Definitely overkill, but I like it. Just wanted to try out the rifle and scope. That little red dot sure looks good on a deer and I’m partial to the .30 calibers.
    Glad you're enjoying it.............MERRY CHRISTMAS ! ! !

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
    Glad you're enjoying it.............MERRY CHRISTMAS ! ! !
    Merry Christmas!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast