Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Try a 26 scorpion solas prop

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jgleu View Post
    What would be a good asking price for my Turbo FXP 25p? Bought new in Sept. of 2020 and based on my hour meter on the motor, put around 10 hours on it. No dings or scratches.
    Right now, in the current market place, being as they have not been available since last October with no new shipments in site, I would be willing to bet you could get $ 550.00 out of it rather quickly!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by huffeye View Post
    I hope you can find someone that will buy that PT! I know that the only thing I have used them for is emergency use only! Xpress hulls do not like them very much...
    Yeah, I can always try to sell it. If not, it may stay on the shelf at the Toledo Bend camp for emergency use. The family has a basscat and a Skeeter with Yamaha 250 SHO motors there. I would have to agree.
    Last edited by jgleu; 06-27-2022 at 04:20 PM.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by huffeye View Post
    Right now, in the current market place, being as they have not been available since last October with no new shipments in site, I would be willing to bet you could get $ 550.00 out of it rather quickly!
    I got 500 for it. I aint mad at it.

5. Member
    Update: Ran the boat this weekend while at the camp. Prop keeps blowing out (catching air/cavitating) when I take off and the bow goes back down. Not sure what that is about but I will do some investigating. currently bottom of boat is 4" higher than the center of the shaft/prop. So, I dont think that is the issue. Once on plane, running on top is no issue. I was able to get it to 75mph with room to go with the hot foot but it was just me in the boat and I didnt have the weight adjusted so it kept wanting to chine walk pretty hard. I am confident I can get it close to 80mph with that tempest plus 27p prop. I forgot to look at the rpm's while running it since I was trying to keep it steady. I will start the process of calling around to see about trying a 4 blade prop before I go and buy another one. It still does bounce some. Probably will put a SHO hydrofoil on the motor to help with the bounce and with the hole shot but I want to know what a 4 blade does first.

Quote Originally Posted by jgleu View Post
    Update: Ran the boat this weekend while at the camp. Prop keeps blowing out (catching air/cavitating) when I take off and the bow goes back down. Not sure what that is about but I will do some investigating. currently bottom of boat is 4" higher than the center of the shaft/prop. So, I dont think that is the issue. Once on plane, running on top is no issue. I was able to get it to 75mph with room to go with the hot foot but it was just me in the boat and I didnt have the weight adjusted so it kept wanting to chine walk pretty hard. I am confident I can get it close to 80mph with that tempest plus 27p prop. I forgot to look at the rpm's while running it since I was trying to keep it steady. I will start the process of calling around to see about trying a 4 blade prop before I go and buy another one. It still does bounce some. Probably will put a SHO hydrofoil on the motor to help with the bounce and with the hole shot but I want to know what a 4 blade does first.
    raise jackplate then retry. keep tools in boat keep raising til speed decreases should not lose water pressure.
    if you want really great results work on the bottom...maybe as good as a flash....
    after i redid bottom of mine had to raise or get thrown out of boat. very little walk at 70 after the fact.
    4 blade will be better. everybody bashes power tech but tr04 in odd increments has been really good for mine, well now my dads xpress.
    Faster than a trophy at the very last couple mph but trophy was smoother til then. 3 blade turbo wasnt to bad but not as good all round as 4 blade.
    Telling you guys that smoothing out bottom is the trick on these boats. none are the same you cant just say someone elses runs this with this and this
    these things are not the same unfortunately......i had pictures everywhere a few years ago on here to show what i had done.
    i would love to have your combo id see 80+ or else.....
    Last edited by MIKER2702; 07-06-2022 at 04:00 AM. Reason: forgot
    1998 bullet 20xd 2006 225 sport xs

7. Member
    Good thing is I have a hydraulic jackplate, 12" setback. No tools needed. I get it. Everybody is different, just like their boats are different. I am just trying to find what is comfortable for me. I appreciate the feedback. I still have some playing around to do. I will add those props to my list and see if I can find one that I can try.

Another thought, has anyone had any experience with self leveling trim tabs?
    Last edited by jgleu; 07-06-2022 at 01:42 PM.

8. Member
    I got the boat to 78 mph at 6,000 rpm's this past weekend with a medium fishing supply load and my two kids with me (they like going fast, I created monsters, lol). I guarantee I can see 80mph if I had a long enough stretch. I found ways to not make it blow out. I was use to flooring the hot foot on my other xpress. I dont have to do it to this one to get it out the hole. I am pleased with the tempest plus 27p. Easier to control around turns without having to slow down much. I still will get a second prop, 4 blade, to swap out and have a spare.

9. Iowa/Wisconsin/Hunting & Gun Lodge/Stroker Moderator Wags's Avatar
    Thanks for the update
    LeaLea

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12