Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tackle Warehouse with Paypal?

Would this be the safest way to purchase from them after recent data breach? I don’t want to have credit card issues like some have had.

2. Banned
    I’ve always used PP for TW. But that’s just me.

3. Member
    yes

4. Member
    I think it's safer for sure. The credit card i had set-up in PP was the card that got hacked. I'm 99% sure my issues started with the TW breach. I did go into all my accounts, including PP, to reset passwords. Somehow I ended up with over 300 contacts so I deleted that PP account and started a new one. Crazy how they get access so fast.

Oh an BTW, before you do business with TW, think twice. Based on some suggestions from the other threads I sent email to two individuals whose emails were posted to contacts. It's been crickets since Tuesday, haven't even acknowledged the emails or crafted a BS response. They just want to get through the holidays and avoid talking about this breach at all costs so it doesn't affect their holiday sales. I'll never spend another dime with them.

5. Member
    Yes, PayPal for all online purchases. Just one more layer…until PayPal gets hacked
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XingEyeballs View Post
    Yes, PayPal for all online purchases. Just one more layer…until PayPal gets hacked
    LOL.. Yea .. Hell they got all my crap there under one roof.. man you sure know how to ruin a day.

7. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Always PP where PP is allowed. And most purchases are interest free for six months should you choose to pay that way.

8. Member
    You could always use a prepaid cc and just load it up when you order online. I got rid of my paypal account and now do this for all online orders, trust no one !

If your PayPal is linked to a bank account - it can automatically withdraw funds from that account for charges. Had my PayPal hacked before and it was a total pain. I will not use it because of how difficult the resolution process is. Hackers like to do multiple small transactions and PayPal treats each transaction as a separate claim. I once had 10 claims at one time, each for $50.

I've had my credit card info stolen using a parking meter, a gas pump, and other online transactions. Seems to happen more often when I have to travel. I've had three different cards fraudulently charged over the past few years. I'd much rather have my card hacked. They send me an alert, send me a new card and it's pretty much a done deal and I'm not out anything. Zero liability for the charges.

Don't use a debit card online. Don't use a debit card in person where it can be skimmed. Just use a CC and let the CC company do their job.

10. Member
    Paypal linked to a credit card with fraud detection is the way to go.

11. Member
    Too many Paypal hacks, notices and updates for me.

12. Member
    Times have changed for the consumer and now everyone needs to know how to protect your finances and that can be a daunting task. Credit cards, PayPal, debit cards and other credit payments are all at risk. Hackers and thieves don't have any ethics or morals,and yet we as a whole are supposed to.
    We should deal with these people very harshly. If you aren't afraid of getting ripped off, you should, it's not if,it's when. My nephew works for the Secret Service and he has a good grasp on how often Hackers hit the same accounts until they finally score. He is not a domestic money investigator as he says, he works on a larger scale and doesn't have the right to say what he actually does. But he says that they do get updates on the hacking issue.

13. Member
    I use PP with two factor authentication. If that gets hacked, we're all in deep doodoo......

Another option, set up an account and limit the funds in that account, and only use the card tied to that account for purchases. This should limit your exposure of your major holdings.....

Good luck!
    It's not what you can take with you,

It's what you leave behind.

I always use Paypal for any online orders. If the place dosent take paypal I will run down to the store and put the total on ine of those prepay cards then order. No way in hell will I use my bankcard online for orders. Although I do have to use it to pay the Ky state sales tax every month.
    2022 Xpress H17 - Yamaha SHO 90

15. Member
    Trust no one? That guy gave some company his money in advance for a prepaid card. Apparently he trusted them.

16. Member
    Paypal linked to a checking account that only has funds I transfer for the current purchase. Venmo linked to this acct too.
    2019 Ranger Z520C
    Mercury 250 Proxs 4 stroke

17. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I woke up to my credit card being hacked today, and it was the one attached to TW but they caught it and denied all the charges. PayPal is connected to your bank account sometimes...so NO!

My card did what it was supposed to; didn’t let the little crappy thieves get nothing!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

18. Member
    Looks like TW has gone away from using PayPal. Sucks as I had the card loaded up. Hopefully they replace it with another safe pay system.

19. Member
    People still order from TW?

Quote Originally Posted by tajchauvin View Post
    Looks like TW has gone away from using PayPal. Sucks as I had the card loaded up. Hopefully they replace it with another safe pay system.

I have used PayPal on TW as recently as a week ago.

Just pulled up their accepted methods of payment from their site. PayPal is accepted.
    https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/custserv/#how_pay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast