Thread: Fury hub

Fury hub

Took off the prop today for the first time and the hub stayed on the shaft. I pulled it off and slid back into the prop. Is it supposed to do that or do I have a problem evolving. Thanks. Looked on here and web and couldn’t find the answer.

2. Member

3. Member
    I a 1.25" HD solid hub, it always stays on the shaft when I remove my ProMax prop, and usually stays on the shaft when I remove my Bravo FS prop. When it was brand new it usually stayed with the Bravo FS prop (did not own the ProMax then). I notice that I can push it into the prop all the way by hand. I measured the thickness of the strips and they do not appear to be thinner than the new ones I purchased but have not installed. Both props run fine with that hub.

4. Member
    Thanks for the info

5. Member
    Put some lube on the prop shaft so it doesn't stick to the shaft.

6. Member
    I have lube on my prop shaft. It is very easy to pull the hub off the prop shaft. When the hub was new it stayed with the prop for the first 4 or 5 times it was removed. After that I could push it in all the way by hand and it has stayed with the shaft since then. When I bought a new ProMax prop, the inside of that prop must be very slightly larger since the hub falls all the way into that one, but requires a very slight push in the Bravo prop.
    When I replace the strips, I think I will have to use some glue or silicone to build up the thickness a few thousands, rather than just the supplied sticky tape which will likely not make it tight enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulsare2020 View Post
    I have lube on my prop shaft. It is very easy to pull the hub off the prop shaft. When the hub was new it stayed with the prop for the first 4 or 5 times it was removed. After that I could push it in all the way by hand and it has stayed with the shaft since then. When I bought a new ProMax prop, the inside of that prop must be very slightly larger since the hub falls all the way into that one, but requires a very slight push in the Bravo prop.
    When I replace the strips, I think I will have to use some glue or silicone to build up the thickness a few thousands, rather than just the supplied sticky tape which will likely not make it tight enough.
    Does not have to be tight, if you want tight, get the SSR hub. It will be very tight, prevents prop rattle and is a little easier on lower units but you be cussing when you try to pull it out of the prop later. I use the racing hub for setup and tuning work, after I have selected the permeant prop I install the SSR hub
    Thank You Leon Pugh

8. Member
    Appreciate the comments. I have a Rubex -123 Hub which is full length rubber (so even more rubber than the SSR hub). To remove it I have used threaded rod and a nut as a puller. I used it mostly a few times in my Solas Scorpion prop and in a few of my Mercury props several times. Now it is a spare hub that I will eventually put into either my ProMax or Bravo FS prop, once they are worked and won't be sent back again.