Opinions on propping an 05 tr20x

I have an 05 tr20x with a 225 optimax. I currently have a 26 pitch temp+ worked by mark and it hasn't hit limiter and runs 73+ fully loaded. (Analog gauge is all over 57-5800 which is max but I just got vessel view to see for sure) I recently bought a 27 temp+ that I was gonna get mark to work to run in the winter but I'm afraid it's just gonna hurt holeshot and possibly not gain much top end, so have been considering a bravo but dont know which version/pitch or what to expect to gain/lose. I am gonna try to run this by mark but just wanting some other opinions. Thanks in advance

2. Member
    A Tempest Plus usually runs 1" stiffer than a Bravo so a 27" Bravo would be equivalent to an unworked 26 Tempest+.

Keep in mind that individual props can and do vary somewhat from stamped pitch.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

3. Member
    If considering a Bravo, talk to Mark about his Razor 4. These are based on a Bravo design.

I would run a reworked 25 Fury 3 on that boat for best speed and an improved holeshot
    Thank You Leon Pugh

5. Member
    If your getting 73 with a regular 225 optimax your doing pretty good and I doubt you'll ever hit the limiter which is 5790 unless you run a 25 tempest but you may hit the first warning beeper at 5750. That motor wasn't very strong when it was new nothing like the Pro xs model. I'd stay with a three blade on that model Triton unless you really need more hole shot and sell the 27 tempest.

6. Member
    As long as it gets on plane quick enough for you I wouldn't change a thing, a TR20 with a 225 running 73 mph fully loaded is great.

7. Member
    Tempest plus 26P worked by Mark's Propeller. Running with a 10" Atlas. Cannot hit limiter during the warmer months, but it will during the cooler months. I just adjust Atlas JP down slightly. Had to return prop to Mark twice to get it perfect.
    2005 Triton TR20X-Mercury Pro XS 4.6L V-8 250 HP Serial # 3B378953
    2016 Harris Cruiser 24-2016 Mercury150XL-Serial # 2B232319

8. Banned
    All boats are different but most likely that boat is going to want a 25P-27P Trophy and run same height as the Tempest. Will keep your holeshot and run very similar top end.

9. Member
    X boats run better with a 3 blade not a 4.

10. Member
    I have the same boat and motor. I run a 25 Tempest +. A 25 or 26 Fury is faster for me but I don’t like the way they ride.
    Trophy + is very average. Have not run a Bravo so cannot speak to it.

For me, the 25 Tempest + is fast (70 fully loaded with partner and live wells full), hole shot is good, and most importantly, it rides well and takes rough water better than other props I have tried.

11. Banned
    Well not technically, your boat sounds like it runs better with the Tempest but I have had some cases where the Trophy outruns the Tempest on the 20X and 21X more so the 21 but they are all a little different so it just depends. Tempest yes has proven more but its a toss up sometimes. Personally like the feel of the Trophy but wont by any means shy away from a Tempest.