Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Randy Blaukat is crazy

Randy did a YouTube video the other day telling people how to keep their feet warm while fishing in the winter....he wears sandals and wool socks.

In today's video he is telling people how to dress in the winter to stay warm. He says to wear sweat pants and don't wear
    underwear. Apparently free balling is warmer.

Any one else on here dress like Randy suggests? I never wear cotton if I want to stay warm and I prefer to wear a nice pair of insulated boots if I want to stay warm.
    1999 Triton 205
    225 Yamaha VMax

2. Member
    Umm, no

3. Member
    He sounds NUTS!!!!

He’s an idiot. Wind must never blow where he fishes. I think his theory is if you sweat you will be colder which is true but his ideas are dumb.

5. Member
    Wearing mostly cotton layers like he recommends is a terrible idea. Ask the guys who hunt backcountry, wool or synthetic is the only way to go.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

6. Member
    Randy knows damb near everything there is to know just ask him.

The fact you guys even make posts is why he hasn't faded away.....
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

8. Member
    I see no problem with what he said. I dress similar. If your stay dry it's all good. I have no use for boots fishing. I wear nothing but cotton. But I'm no expert. I only am outside 6-9 hours a day, 6 days a week for usps. I'm in sunny warm upstate ny. I'm sure it's colder in tarheel country.
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

I ain't watching the video.

10. Member
    Staying warm while fishing should of been left up to the Canadians. There is a wealth of knowledge on his channel tho.

Never understood men wearing women's sandals let alone with socks......................But hey is 2021 what ever flips your switch.

Why do you people keep paying him to be a controversial idiot?

He only does this to get clicks / cash

I will never click on another one of his videos

Ignore clowns like this
    "The handicapped angler"

13. Member
    If you want to learn how to stay warm learn from the people from the North. Old saying in Alaska Cotton Kills. Cotton might be ok till you get wet then you're toast. Good quality wool with a tight weave will save your bacon.

14. dartag1829
    Maybe Op is Randy. Self Promotion is everything.

They say Wool keeps you warm when wet. But we all know " Sheep Lie "

Quote Originally Posted by unknown angler View Post
    If you want to learn how to stay warm learn from the people from the North. Old saying in Alaska Cotton Kills. Cotton might be ok till you get wet then you're toast. Good quality wool with a tight weave will save your bacon.
    Actually you don't want a tight weave. find some granny to knit you oversocks out of Rug wool yarn. A light pair of wicking socks, polypro or similar (many brands) and put the grannys socks over, the air gaps in the hand knitted socks traps the warmth in the small little air pockets . My cold weather boots are one size larger to create the air around the foot. "Tight boots = cold feet"

Grasshoppers, first you must understand Randy followed the teachings of legendary tracker and survivalist Tom Brown Jr. of the Jersey Pines. Randy suggests we get in touch with the natural world touch the water become one with the fish. Pay no attention to them frozen nuts. Whatever floats his boat.

17. Member
    I unsubscribed from him, and turned off getting the notifications from any of his videos. I couldn't take him anymore - 3 videos a day is over the top. I know he does have a loyal following, but to me his approach is quantity over quality. He found out he can get money from YT, so he just posts as much asinine content as he can, then complains he doesn't have time to do videos, or even fish. The chip on his shoulder, and the attitude that his opinions are the final answer both are too much. He's laughable, and irrelevant. There's enough other good content out there he's not needed. My opinion.

18. Member
    He's a genius. The crazy ones are the ones who keep him relavent by posting his videos.

19. Member
    Cotton is perfectly fine to keep you warm IF it stays dry. I do not sweat when I fish so cotton fleece is a great choice as a base layer or outer layer. If you are hiking, biking, hunting then yes cotton is a bad choice. In those instances wool or synthetic is your best choices for base layer. Multilayers is also the best idea.

And yes, Randy is crazy and I mostly ignore him.

John Walker - Matthews NC

2021 Ranger RT198P - Mercury 150 4S - Enertia Eco
    VesselView Link - MotorGuide Tour Pro - Lowrance Carbons

20. Member
    I tuned out after his stupid video begging Johnny Morris to stop people from developing on man-made lakes. He's really lost it.
    I come from the land of the ice and snow.
    YouTube: PunchFishing

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast