New carbon 12 cold weather issues

Could anybody that purchased a hds carbon 12 that bass pro has on sale do a startup in cold weather below 40 degrees and see if it locks up or starts ? I am just curious if it is just the one i got or if others are doing the same thing. I have one that locks up on the hds carbon screen when it is cold. After 3 or 4 disconnecting the power and restarting it will finally load and work with no problems all day voltage on the boat is 12.4 on the display . I can bring it inside with a power supply 13.2 volts and same problem if cold lock up and will start up fine if it is inside and room temp.

2. Member
    I have 3 carbons on the boat but none purchased recently. One of the 9's I purchased used has done this from the time I got it. No warranty so I never pursued it and just deal with it as it runs fine after getting it to boot up. Some days it starts 1st time and others it takes 2 or 3 times disconnecting the power like yours. Temperature makes no difference in my situation. This seems to be a problem although not very common as I have researched to see what causes it and never found an answer. I would be sending that thing back ASAP.

3. Member
    Contact Lowrance or your dealer ASAP, that is not how it should work. I regularly use all my units in the winter, no problems (apart from working a touchscreen with very cold fingers) down to around -4F which is about the coldest temp I fish in.

4. Member
    I did take the first unit i bought back to basspro and exchanged it with a new one and it does the same thing but only takes one time of unplugging and restart to operate. I called lowrance and we talked about my options. They have no units in stock to replace mine. They are willing to replace when back in stock. I think it may be a bade batch of power boards. I have 4 units on the boat so I can make do , I just wanted to let others know about a potential problem and too see if I am the lucky one.

5. Member
    I always suspected it had something to do with the internal power of the unit. Like you I can connect straight to a spare battery in the garage and still the same thing. I assume its a defective unit and I would definitely demand another until you get one that works properly.