Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bass boat detailing

Anyone on here know of someone who details boats? Washed, Waxed, carpet cleaned the whole 9 yards. And what they might charge?

Quote Originally Posted by Deerhunter View Post
    Anyone on here know of someone who details boats? Washed, Waxed, carpet cleaned the whole 9 yards. And what they might charge?
    This is BBC Sir. According to the resident BBC octogenarian populace; you should be completing all of the listed cleaning tasks AT LEAST once a week. They have found that Fridays at 9:00 AM seem to be ideal because that allows for a solid 7 hours of detailing prior to heading to Old Country Buffet promptly at 3:30 PM to demand their obligatory senior discount, consuming the "late supper", picking up all 23 of the week's prescriptions, and being nestled in their "easy chair" prior to the 7:00 PM start of Hannity, so that they can be properly informed of the list of topics that they will be expected to complain about at the Monday morning gathering of the Geezer Posse.

3. Member
    My reason for asking is because I take very good care of my rig. And have had several people wanting me to detail theirs. And it's something I enjoy doing in the winter to pass the time. Just don't know what to charge! To do it right it takes me anywhere between 10 to 14 hours. Depending how bad of shape they are in.

4. Banned
    Most charge by the foot.. when I did detailing for a 18ft boat is started at $250 and goes up. Now I did not wet sand I just washed, waxed and clean the carpet. I have not done it the last 5 years. I do not know what the going rate is now.

5. Member
    Depends on what your time is worth, what you spend on materials and what they are willing to pay.

6. Member
    Fish a local draw tourney and your backseater should take care of all that afterwards

7. Member
    I also forgot to mention that I also do the trailer, tires and rims, Spare, motor, jackplate power polls. So it is quite the job. I read somewhere on here a few years back that $20 per foot was going rate. Just not sure

8. Member
    Depends on size of the boat but around $400-$750 for a bass boat around here.
    2007 Bass Cat Puma
    2007 Mercury Pro XS 250

9. Member
    If its a plain clean, wash, vacuum and coat of wax I charge $20.00 per foot. If its a full detail with wet sanding and buffing it's $40.00 per foot. These prices are for the boat, motor & trailer.

10. Member
    My reason for asking is because I take very good care of my rig. And have had several people wanting me to detail theirs. And it's something I enjoy doing in the winter to pass the time. Just don't know what to charge! To do it right it takes me anywhere between 10 to 14 hours. Depending how bad of shape they are in.
    Just make sure you aren't under paying yourself. Some "friends" will likely balk if its 7-800 bucks, but don't end up undercharging and paying yourself under minimum wage.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly View Post
    This is BBC Sir. According to the resident BBC octogenarian populace; you should be completing all of the listed cleaning tasks AT LEAST once a week. They have found that Fridays at 9:00 AM seem to be ideal because that allows for a solid 7 hours of detailing prior to heading to Old Country Buffet promptly at 3:30 PM to demand their obligatory senior discount, consuming the "late supper", picking up all 23 of the week's prescriptions, and being nestled in their "easy chair" prior to the 7:00 PM start of Hannity, so that they can be properly informed of the list of topics that they will be expected to complain about at the Monday morning gathering of the Geezer Posse.
    Now thats funny.... gotta slap yer own!

12. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar

Well you are officially in the AARP age group so you qualify for all of the above.

13. Member
    Thanks for all of your input. Gives me an idea of where to start. Hope you all have a Merry Christmas.

14. Member
    A good detail shop will charge $500-$800 depending on condition.

If it’s a boat that has been garage kept and used a few weekends a year and just needs a good wax job vs a boat that sits in the water or outside on the trailer all season leaves you with a wide spectrum so I have never understood how shops can charge a set price or by the foot. It’s probably because they are doing the same thing on every job with untrained workers that don’t know the difference, even though each vehicle has very specific requirements.

We usually have 2 guys working on em and they take a full day by the time the guys multi stage machine polish and extract carpets…… That includes hull, compartments, trailer, engine, jackplate…. If you are just doing this on your own as a hobby and not burdened with the overhead of running a business you just need to decide what your time is worth and how much you really enjoy it and go from there. If you really enjoy it, we are hiring ;).

There are cheap shops all over that will do a quick slime sauce detail for less but you will get what you pay for. Taking the time to mask off trim and remove fixtures before polishing along with many other time consuming steps eats up the clock so if a shop is doing em for much less than $500 beware or the boat better be starting out in darn good condition.

We also offer ceramic coating and Paint Protection film (extra cost obviously).

Jim Kennedy/JK2 Detailing.

15. Member
    For you guys that do your own rigs. Some of the best wax I have found in my opinion is Collinite 885 heavy duty paste Fleetwax. And Pro-Tec Sealant/Polish. Not affiliated with either but this is what I use on my boat and the ones I have detailed. Again thanks for all your input.

16. Member

John Walker - Matthews NC

2021 Ranger RT198P - Mercury 150 4S - Enertia Eco
    VesselView Link - MotorGuide Tour Pro - Lowrance Carbons

17. Member
    I checked into detailing and ceramic coating my ZX 250 and was quoted $400.00

Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Well you are officially in the AARP age group so you qualify for all of the above.
    Heck yeah....I was just laying out my daily routine!!

20. Member
    Hannity doesn't come on until 8....
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast