06617258, Electrical 8 pin pig tail, under cowling

I have a Mercury 150 V6 Black Max Ser# 06617258 (I was told to add a 0 before the 6)

The main electrical wire loom that comes into the engine cowling (8 pin male end) that connects/plugs into the (8 pin female end) pig tail that's aprox 1" dia x 5" long, when male & female ends are connected together.

I need the (8 pin female side) pig tail w/ wires, because some of my wires are burnt. Is this part still available? And if so, where at?

Or can I use crimp on butt connectors, new wire and crimp on ends to try and make my pig tail work?

I would prefer a new 8 pin female pig tail connector.

Thank you

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Have you attempted to look up the parts on our website?

Part# 96220A4 is still available- can be ordered through our website, or by email through the Parts Department.

This is the primary wiring harness, it does not include the ignition system's harnesses.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Let me look in the garage later here, I may have one.
    1995 Allison XB-2003 225 Super Mag. It's slow and I'm ok with that.

5. Member
    Silver, it looks like it. I think mine has more wires, but I could be wrong. I'd have to count how many wires are on mine to be sure.

6. Member
    Silver, I couldn't count some of the wires because they were melted together. What is that off of?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seance View Post
    Silver, I couldn't count some of the wires because they were melted together. What is that off of?

Thanks
    Don’t know which motor it came off of, just part of a harness from a blowed up 200 or 225 2.5 I had laying around.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seance View Post

Thanks
    Why were they melted?