Add pole locker on stbd side of '12 z521?

My new boat has a rod locker on the port side and in the middle but not on the starboard side. Just a black insert. Is there a way to add a rod locker on the stbd side? Thanks guys. This boat is almost finished and ready for good weather!
    2012 Ranger Z521 2023 Mercury 250 Pro XS

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Seeing that you did not get any replies yet, sir, I’ll put in my two cents. Many things are in theory *possible,* but if you sourced rod tubes/holders to build such a thing, I can see a few potential issues. One, is the length sufficient for the rods you’d want to store? Two, you’d have to remove or work around whatever is behind that insert. You could look into that space by removing the bow panel and see what’s what. There are probably wires that would need to be worked around, and there also might be some foam that would obtrude. Also, if you removed the insert to insert rods, rods without support might bounce and rattle more than desired.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    I quick tested keeping some rods in that compartment on my z521 but the locker doesn’t go as far so it wouldn’t hold a 6’6 or longer so I just use the center and port side.
    2012 Ranger Z521
    2012 ProXS 250

4. Member
    Just measured and think you are right and I'll scrap the idea. Guess my tackle goes in the starboard side and the poles will be in the middle and port side. My buddy has a '14 z521 with the rods on the sides and the tackle in the middle. Really like his setup

5. Member
    I’m able to put spinning combos in center and still stack 4 size 3700 boxes I think is what they are back to the wall and a few more along the sides.
    2012 Ranger Z521
    2012 ProXS 250

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotfish? View Post
    I’m able to put spinning combos in center and still stack 4 size 3700 boxes I think is what they are back to the wall and a few more along the sides.
    I honestly don't need more than 9 rods in the boat at one time, so I guess i could still use the center for tackle. Enough time as a coangler that I should be happy with more than 4 :)