Livescope rebates

I'm wondering if the rebates are there simply to sell more product with it being the Christmas season. Or is it to purge product in anticipation of a next generation LiveScope. Could be a combination of both scenarios. Thoughts?
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

2. Member
    Well... not the first time they had the rebate! When I got my livescope it was on rebate, and that was over a year ago. I'd like to say a combination of both, but anything new really remains to be seen... would have put a fire under garmin if maybe the competitors products were.... better?

3. Member
    I honestly think they are confident in their products and trying to get market share. It worked for me, not only is the livescope the best ff sonar on the market, I like the ui much better than my humminbirds. I’m looking to replace one of the helix graphs on my console with a garmin, and may eventually swap to all garmins except maybe a unit for 360.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

They had the exact same rebate this time last year when I ordered mine. There was no generation change this year so that debunks that theory. I see other companies having rebates at random times of the year and I think its simply to move product.