Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    With the exception of Saban, maybe Kelly, and arguably a few others most coaching moves are lateral. They all do a pretty good job these days and they all pretty much have the same methods and messages.

What I do not like is the coaches and the universities not honoring obligations. I get that most of that buyout crap is likely in the contracts but it does not seem correct to me.
    Have the same thoughts about players, you commit to a school, you honor it.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post

The schools don't have to. Scholarships are year to year.
    Mike Smith

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    Yeah I do not like how easy it is for them to move around now.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GregA View Post
    Why?
    For the same reason NASCAR sucks to a lot of people. It’s no longer about ability. It’s about which schools can afford the talent that’s to the highest bidder. The mid mark and small market schools will become also rans. All of them.

5. Member
    I feel for all the seniors this year and last who had a chance to play at the next level. With the extra year everyone got for covid, and the NCAA cutting rosters back to 85 from 105, many will be left out. Add to that the 3,000+ in the transfer portal the recruiting is chaos. My son is a senior and I would say he is at the D2 level. We are very fortunate that he has two NAIA offers, two JUCO offers, and some D3 interest. It's hard for many to get noticed.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bzbrent View Post
    Not entirely true...

Ridiculous salaries - yes. State employees - not always the case USC and Notre Dame are both private universities. As for laying the blame...look no further than ESPN.

-b-
    Actually not state employees. They are Federal contract employees…….at least in Alabama that is the case.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12