Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    I do agree with the OP but I still see an Alabama and Georgia championship unfortunately. Michigan beats both of them there’s no doubt they are #1. Go out and prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckTR21 View Post
    Bama grad and Bama fan so disclaimer. However, the only real reason I can find for Bama being #1 is they handily beat Georgia. I truly expected to get the thrashing Auburn gave us only with a score to match it. Didn't happen so this gave the "committee" the leverage to avoid what no one wants to see which is an immediate AL/GA rematch. In many ways, what we do today is no different than the very old method of selecting a "National Champion" after all the bowls were played. It's just a bit more refined and repackaged.
    I seriously hope Michigan rolls Georgia and Bama meets them for the National Championship so we all get to see what everyone want's to see. I'm also a little afraid we won't beat Georgia a second time.
    I think what it shows they really need to increase the playoff teams beyond 4. Its done in D3, D2. The money an power of the Bowls had some influence on tge 4 number. At this point the bowls are a non factor. Most are lucky to get 50% of the tickets sold.

Time to open it up, sweet 16 it. You could cut the mercy games out like Mercer, New Mexico, UAB, Charleston. Make those game the playoffs.
    The system is broke, and anyone that watches collegefootball understands it is.

3. Member
    Maybe MI should put Cincy on their schedule problem solved.

4. Member
    I am so glad MI beat OH state that made my day.

5. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jlwatts94 View Post
    I’m no Georgia fan but to think they shouldn’t have been ranked first going into last Saturday is ridiculous. They averaged scoring around 39 ppg and gave up on average 7ppg. The only close game they had was the first game of the year and they dominated every game there after. I also don’t understand why people get upset with where their team is ranked if they truly think they are the best in the nation. If they are the best they will win whether 1st or 2nd.
    doesn't that just prove it was a weak division?? I'm pretty sure I've heard that on here before..

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

Still looking for the secret color. Anyone know. And how's that cat.
    アルは、非常に良い人です。

Quote Originally Posted by Murph View Post
    Its green....like money....

Roll Tide !

22R

Allison XB2002 / Merc 150 XR6

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    doesn't that just prove it was a weak division?? I'm pretty sure I've heard that on here before..
    On 1/1/2022 we have our answer
    Greg
    Edgewater 245CC

10. Member
    Should have been
    1. Alabama
    2. Georgia
    3. Michigan
    4. Cincinnati

either way if Michigan thinks they are the best they are going to have to beat what are undoubtedly the 2 best teams in the country.
    John the Garage Doorman

11. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph View Post

The Bearcat?

From what I saw on Saturday, that cat's fine... and definitely being overlooked.
    Who controls John Gill?

12. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    If anyone just needs to whine about College ball . . . try being a Nebraska fan

You guys got nuthin!

13. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GregA View Post
    On 1/1/2022 we have our answer
    I don't think that's a division game
    but ill give you 1/10/22 at least that would most likely be in the conference......

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

Quote Originally Posted by RangerFive1Niner View Post

You guys got nuthin!
    Once a proud program........

15. Member
    The current playoff format was put together to make sure that this issue does not really matter. By taking the top 4 they pretty much guarantee that the actual top 2 schools are in even if they may not be in the order that everyone can agree upon. It used to be if you were not in the top 2 you were screwed. Now you can be in the top 4 and people still bitch. There will always be a bubble that teams will always be on either side of.

Make no mistake that being in an SEC team is a blessing and a curse. When you win your wins are perceived to carry more weight. In most cases this is just in some cases it is not.

I think the big ten is the second best conference in the country by a mile. So a one loss team with a quality win over OSU and the only loss coming from a decent MSU team is an easy pick for a top 3 spot. However, a very convincing win over a very good Georgia team carries a lot of weight and most people could predict that would put them seeded in the top seed. If Mich played say another team the caliber of OSU in the conference championship and won convincingly the probably would have been the top seed or it at least would have been more of a toss up.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerFive1Niner View Post

You guys got nuthin!
    You should make friends with some tennessee fans....y'all could drown out each other's sorrows...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    One has a cruse game and be rested the other is in a street fight game.

if one is a cruse game , then they shouldn’t be in the top four

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    I think what it shows they really need to increase the playoff teams beyond 4. Its done in D3, D2. The money an power of the Bowls had some influence on tge 4 number. At this point the bowls are a non factor. Most are lucky to get 50% of the tickets sold.

Time to open it up, sweet 16 it. You could cut the mercy games out like Mercer, New Mexico, UAB, Charleston. Make those game the playoffs.
    The system is broke, and anyone that watches collegefootball understands it is.

you already said # 4 was an easy cruse game for #1 , maybe only 3 teams

19. Member
    Bama beat Gonzaga Saturday night too.

ROLL TIDE!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Triton 186 View Post
    you already said # 4 was an easy cruse game for #1 , maybe only 3 teams
    All the more reason to expand....those UCF, Boise, BYU undefeated teams.....

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast