Ultrex Foot Pedal Removal

I have searched all over and there are plenty of videos and posts here and there about assembly and repair of the Pedal control but my question is this: Can you remove the pedal control by disconnecting everything and provided the power wires are hooked back up, will the unit run correctly just from the remote or app? I do not want to try it if it cannot be done. I do not use the pedal control and it is in the way a lot of the time. Thanks for the insight and help.

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    If you never use the pedal, have you considered trading for an Ulterra? You can put the pedal under the deck.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    I actually have not considered the Ulterra. I did think about putting the pedal in the anchor box but the anchor hangs in the box so the pedal will not fit in there with the anchor. I would prefer to keep what I have instead of switching out the motor, I just wasn't sure if it could all be disconnected and still function just fine with the remote. I appreciate the idea though.

4. Member
    Removing the foot pedal from the Ultrex will not work. The main control board is in the foot pedal and that is where all the brains are. You have some options. An Ulterra, Terrova or a PowerDrive. All have removable foot pedals

5. Member
    Thank you for the input. I will have to make due or look into those options.
    Nautic Star 214 XTS, Yamaha 150, MinnKota Ultrex, Cannon Mag 10 Downriggers, Talon 10', Lowrance Electronics, Penn & Daiwa. Big Lake Striper fishing

I too would like the option to stow the pedal and have a clean deck

But I also want the style of mount that comes with the ultrex

I hope they find a way to offer this in the future
    "The handicapped angler"