Jordan Lake Jackpot 12/11/21

Weather looking awesome so we are on for Saturday. Can fish single or with a partner. Entry fee is $60 per boat with 100% payback. Take off will be at 6:45am with a 6:30am registration cut off to allow me time to launch and start you guys on time.

Date - 12/11/21
    Ramp - Farrington
    Time - 6:45am to 3:00pm / 6:30am registration cut off
    Entry Fee - $60 with $10 going to BB. 1 place paid for every 5 entries

Not a ton of rules but no dead Fish will be weighed and Life Jackets must be worn when boat is on plane. Must be inside the no wake bouy by 3:00pm. Take off by order of entry.

I will be at the top of the parking lot on the left in a gray Tundra with black Ranger w/Yamaha SHO.
    Last edited by GoHogs; 12-13-2021 at 06:23 PM.

2. Member
    Looking like the rain is holding off until Saturday night. Should be a good day to fish!

3. Mike Lamb
    Wish I could make it. But will be fishing club tournament. good luck
    Michael Lamb
    2017 / Ranger 518c 200 Mercury Pro XS
    Raleigh, NC

4. Member
    RESULTS - Jordan Lake Open Jackpot - 12/11/21

Windy, windy, windy…. Little tougher today but as always, catchers find ways to catch!

1st - Faggart & Owens - 22.41
    2nd - Ellis & Wedmore - 20.11
    Big Bass - Dunston & Huff 6.98

Will try and do it again next Saturday if weather cooperates. Will post details in a separate post. Also planning a New Years Day “Polar Bear” tournament.

5. Banned
    Congrats to the winners!! Great bags for sure!!

6. Member
    How many boats?

7. Member
    Question , I've been wanting to ask ,guys and gals. When y'all have tournaments ( jackpot) at 1 ramp ( reason I'm asking how many boats). Is because all are out of Farrington ramp. I understand x amount of boats can only , go out of other ramps with out a permit. I don't want to ruffle any feathers , don't get me wrong. My Question is , with these back to back tournaments out of Farrington ramp. We all know that the bass, takes 2-4 months to relocate and not necessarily to where they were caught. That being said. How many boats in these tournaments ever make it to south side of 64 bridge ????
    And how many ever make it past the tree field????
    I maybe wrong here , but isn't that considered, temporary stockpiling????? Knowing that bass are hungry. And will bite again?? In 4-7 days??
    I'm just asking. Would like to hear replies. Thanks

8. Banned
    Mikey... I 100% see the thought process but it just does not pan out like that @ Jordan or most places I have fished around here. I bet Ledge Rock hosts most of the bigger tournaments on Falls but folks win from all over the lake there also.

I think most fish swim off. Not back to their original location but you have to figure the "inn" has to full around the ramp so most move on.

Not sure I believe this but I will throw it out there for thought (or to make fun of...haha). What if the fish near the ramp have been fished for so many times they are the most conditioned on the lake to typical techniques. So if you go the farthest from the ramp do you get the dumbest / easy to catch fish?

9. Member
    10 boats last Saturday. Most Bass are migratory and move with the season. I am not from NC but at home, there are weekly Jackpots at the same ramp that begin in October and run through mid February. Not saying it never happens but very few to my knowledge are won on released fish. I haven’t caught a single fish within eyesight of the ramp and yes, I have tried…

10. Member
    I also have a permit…

11. Member
    Thanks for replies. Guessing I can't find that specific technique, that fish want this time of year.

12. Member
    Tournaments have been cancelled

13. Banned
    Do not fish your tourneys but enjoy looking at the weights you guys catch. Are you cancelling all future tourneys or just the next one?

14. Member
    All have been cancelled. Appreciate you following!

15. Member
    Just curious,why were they canceled?

16. Mike Lamb
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip Bass View Post
    Just curious,why were they canceled?
    was wondering the same thing
    Michael Lamb
    2017 / Ranger 518c 200 Mercury Pro XS
    Raleigh, NC

17. Member
    A lot of tournaments are won around here at one particular lake on released fish. Thankfully all tournaments the last 2 months have went out of a different ramp and other tournament trails will be using a different ramp this year hopefully (BFL, Fishers of men, CATT Trail)