Do I need to register a Humminbird Product before I can download Humminbird PC

I have ordered 4 Gen4N Helix Units but not expecting them to arrive for several weeks if not months. During the winter I'd love to utilize this product with google maps to upload some waypoints onto an SD card and then eventually my Helix units when they come in. Am I able to do that or do I need to wait until I can register the units?

Also, I purchased several SanDisk 16 GB SD Cards to upload software and save waypoints onto my units. I've read something about needing to format these to utilize with my Helix's but am confused on how I do this. Any help would be appreciated?

Thanks!

Registration has no function for software downloads, all the downloads are available to anyone, anytime.
    READ the descriptions and instructions for the softwares on the Humminbird website.

No, you don't format the unit, you format the memory card FAT32.

You have to convert the Google data to GPX and then load that data to HumminbirdPC to copy the file to a memory so you can load it to the Helix. The HBPC software puts the data in a MATRIX folder that the unit recognizes to upload the data.

When you put an unlocked memory card in the unit, it will automatically get an Encrypt folder put on the card. That is for the purchase and download of a Lakemaster Chart Select map.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Thank you Wayne. I did check my SD card and it was pre-formatted with FAT32. I'll download the Hummingbird PC software and see how it works. thx