Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ionic batteries not charging 100%,

First charging my 3x 12v 50a Ionics batteries with Ionic 4 bank charger and can’t full charge of 100%. I only got 99% and 14.1v. Please anybody help me? Thank you in advance

2. Member
    What is the temperature of your batteries? It matters.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

3. Member
    What is the temperature of your batteries? It matters. This link has a bunch of good data for LiFeP04 batteries: https://www.solacity.com/how-to-keep...tteries-happy/

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    What is the temperature of your batteries? It matters.
    All 3 is 71 degree’s, room temperature

5. Member
    What is the output of the charger in amperes?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yam911 View Post
    What is the output of the charger in amperes?
    10amp https://lithiumhub.com/product/ionic-four-bank-charger/

7. Member
    The batteries internal temp is what counts. Either way 99% charge is actually better than 100%. Less stress on the battery. When your charger is off and the battery rests or has had something drawing any power for a short time, 13.3 or 4 is What you will read. The link I sent is very informative on these type batteries. Or call whoever you bought them from tomorrow for reassurance if needed. JMO Bob

8. Member
    The batteries internal temp is what counts. Either way 99% charge is actually better than 100%. Less stress on the battery. When your charger is off and the battery rests or has had something drawing any power for a short time, 13.3 or 4 is What you will read. The link I sent is very informative on these type batteries. Or call whoever you bought them from tomorrow for reassurance if needed. JMO Bob
    Thank you very much

9. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    The latest version of the Ionic app is designed that way, if you are getting 14.1 v
    They are at 100%
    The app is calibrated so that it doesn't show 101%
    There will be a slight variation between some batteries and some may register 100 and some 99% be feel assured that are good to go
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    The latest version of the Ionic app is designed that way, if you are getting 14.1 v
    They are at 100%
    The app is calibrated so that it doesn't show 101%
    There will be a slight variation between some batteries and some may register 100 and some 99% be feel assured that are good to go
    Thank you very much I buy from you my 3 50Amp batteries and 4bank charger. I have one question about starting battery for Mercury Verado 250hp. I think Mercury not approved lithium batteries for Mercury Outboards and Mercury Verado. Do you know anything about this and du you know anybody who using Ionic batteries for starting big Mercury Verado 250hp. Thank you

11. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pedja31 View Post
    Thank you very much I buy from you my 3 50Amp batteries and 4bank charger. I have one question about starting battery for Mercury Verado 250hp. I think Mercury not approved lithium batteries for Mercury Outboards and Mercury Verado. Do you know anything about this and du you know anybody who using Ionic batteries for starting big Mercury Verado 250hp. Thank you
    The IONIC 125ah will work with the Verado 250, I have sold many to people running them and over 1000 this year alone for the proxs 4 strokes , there are some BBC members running the Verado 300 with the 125ah
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    The IONIC 125ah will work with the Verado 250, I have sold many to people running them and over 1000 this year alone for the proxs 4 strokes , there are some BBC members running the Verado 300 with the 125ah
    Thank you very much

mine stay's at 99% for the full charge. Figured it was just a safety or something to do with BMS.

I have the ionic 125 ah and it's a beast!
    Triton 18xs w/150 Pro XS
    Ultrex 80lb.
    LIVE 12's
    LIVE 9
    POINT 1
    ACTIVE TARGET
    IONIC 125Ah

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by greenheadz View Post
    mine stay's at 99% for the full charge. Figured it was just a safety or something to do with BMS.

I have the ionic 125 ah and it's a beast!
    I thinking to buy one 125amp for my Verado 250hp. Are you using Ionic 125amp for your big motor, starting battery?

I thinking to buy one 125amp for my Verado 250hp. Are you using Ionic 125amp for your big motor, starting battery?
    I'm using 1 125 ah for starting and running 3 graphs, AT, PUMPS, ACCESSORY switch. The 125 ah battery is a dual purpose Lithium
    Triton 18xs w/150 Pro XS
    Ultrex 80lb.
    LIVE 12's
    LIVE 9
    POINT 1
    ACTIVE TARGET
    IONIC 125Ah

Another Ionic User here, my setup is Two 12 volt 100 amps ran in parallel to crank My Evinrude E-Tec 200HP HO, 3 Lowrance HDS Live graphs, Active Target, Lights, SonicHub, Accesories etc, and one 36v 50 amp Trolling motor battery that runs my ghost, by far I think Ionics are the best on the market as of now for lithium and I think you’ll love em! But here’s to your question, the Verados alternator puts out a lot of amps, around 70 I Believe, My engine Is high output as well, E-Tec HO (High Output) and puts out about 50, both pretty high for 200-250 HP motors... my Ionic 100 amps Have absolutely no issues with my E-Tec and I believe a 125 amp would be even better for your Verado if you can buy two 125amps and run them in parallel that would be the optimal setup to crank and Run your electronics etc, and if ran in parallel you won’t have to worry because the alternator of the engine will have to share the charge to BOTH batteries, making it way less stressful of the BMS of the battery if you only had one, I believe to Really make it A 100% no issue system with an engine like that Verado. (One 125 amp would work, but I suggest going with two if your battery compartment has the room for it. I would be Putting two 125 amps ran in parallel hooked up to the Verado and your electronics and Accesories. LithiumHub.com (the website of the Makers of ionic lithium batteries) have all the batteries on a huge sale right now... I got all my batteries from LithiumHub and it was awesome because they don’t charge you any tax which is a plus, and free shipping I believe, I believe the 125 amp ionic is usually $1200-1300 but they have it on sale for $800 I believe, I hope I was able to answer some of your questions.
    2012 Ranger Z520 Comanche
    Evinrude E-Tec 200HP

17. retired military technici mt72916's Avatar
    . This link has a bunch of good data for LiFeP04 batteries: https://www.solacity.com/how-to-keep...tteries-happy/
    thanks Bob It's a very good read to understand lifepo4 batteries.

perhaps a sticky would be great.

Ranger 2002 175 DVS F115 Yamaha
    Ulterra SI, Helix 9 MSI G3 on bow and console
    2007 2500 6.7 Diesel Ram 2015 Crusader 294RLT
    fish DeGray lake in April & October

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBass044 View Post
    Another Ionic User here, my setup is Two 12 volt 100 amps ran in parallel to crank My Evinrude E-Tec 200HP HO, 3 Lowrance HDS Live graphs, Active Target, Lights, SonicHub, Accesories etc, and one 36v 50 amp Trolling motor battery that runs my ghost, by far I think Ionics are the best on the market as of now for lithium and I think you’ll love em! But here’s to your question, the Verados alternator puts out a lot of amps, around 70 I Believe, My engine Is high output as well, E-Tec HO (High Output) and puts out about 50, both pretty high for 200-250 HP motors... my Ionic 100 amps Have absolutely no issues with my E-Tec and I believe a 125 amp would be even better for your Verado if you can buy two 125amps and run them in parallel that would be the optimal setup to crank and Run your electronics etc, and if ran in parallel you won’t have to worry because the alternator of the engine will have to share the charge to BOTH batteries, making it way less stressful of the BMS of the battery if you only had one, I believe to Really make it A 100% no issue system with an engine like that Verado. (One 125 amp would work, but I suggest going with two if your battery compartment has the room for it. I would be Putting two 125 amps ran in parallel hooked up to the Verado and your electronics and Accesories. LithiumHub.com (the website of the Makers of ionic lithium batteries) have all the batteries on a huge sale right now... I got all my batteries from LithiumHub and it was awesome because they don’t charge you any tax which is a plus, and free shipping I believe, I believe the 125 amp ionic is usually $1200-1300 but they have it on sale for $800 I believe, I hope I was able to answer some of your questions.
    Have the two batteries ever disconnected themselves from the motor?

I did not think that an Ionics 100 AH battery had a BMS that would not disconnect itself from the electrical generation system. Am I wrong?

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBass044 View Post
    Are your battery cables connected directly to the two paralleled lithium batteries?

20. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    the IONIC 100ah has the same BMS as the 125ah fully compatible for use as a cranking battery and no problems disconnecting running 1 or 2 in parallel
    info@drewcraft.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast