OK guys...need your input...THIS IS NOT A BASHING OF ANY PRODUCTS OR TRAILER MFGS!!! I have a CX21 with the Marine Master dual axle trailer. I finally figured how far to back to load..or better yet how far not to back. I've noticed that my black bottom is forming white marks from the middle bunks. I believe is from my lack of learning curve on loading. I think it will be fairly easy to get the marks off. So, the question is - have you guys experienced the same?? I've researched several products to replace the bunk boards (Ultimate Bunk, Tuff Bunks, GatorBak Bunks and of course replace the carpet with heavier carpet) The best two options seem to be GatorBak which is a rubber/channeled product that covers the boards or heavier carpet as the other two options are merely a coating on the 2X4's and offers no cushion. Pictures of the Ultimate and Tuff options show gaps between the boat and boards as well as deep scratches.

I'm scheduled to have Marine Master work on my trailer in January to install a new axle so I have dual disc brakes (Thanks Caymas Rodney for the advice) and was going to ask them to install GatorBak or a heavier carpet and possibly buff out the marks since they will have my boat off the trailer.

On a side note - I did apply Dawn liquid soap to the bunks and it did load much easier. PS I always keep the boat attached until I'm at the waters edge....lol. I've seen boats off the trailer short of the water.

Thoughts???

thanks in advance