Active target to carbon

I bought a active target carbon combo but the transducer connection does not match the carbon unit both are female, what am I missing?

2. Member
    The active target transducer connects to a box, the box connects to the Carbon via ethernet (yellow port). Do you not have the active target module (box)?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdeath View Post
    The active target transducer connects to a box, the box connects to the Carbon via ethernet (yellow port). Do you not have the active target module (box)?
    Yes and I thought the active target transducer should plug directly into the back of the carbon same as the structure scan or any other transducer, I guess I should have read the directions. Thanks

4. Member
    No, it has to connect through box I have the same setup, even with live it connects through box, I have both
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

5. Moderator
    Oh no don't read the directions....lol. I did the same and had to go find the directions and figure it out.

6. Member
    You guys really make technical writers shake their heads. Unfortunately, too many engineers write the manuals and not technical writers. There's an old Air Force saying.....when in doubt, read the tech data!!!!