Thread: Oklahoma coach

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Time for change, don't run from it, embrace it.
    If the player doesn't want to be here, don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!
    Besides, almost half of the high school recruit's don't pan out, that includes 4 and 5 star ones.

2. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GregA View Post
    The exodus of OU playmakers is crazy. 3 weeks ago OU was on the verge of a CFP appearance. Today, the program is in re-building mode. Not a good time to be jumping conferences. TN 2.0?
    The schedule is already set for next year so we still got at least a year to play in the Big,,
    Time for Brent to get warmed up.. I believe we are in good hands and believe we got our guy..
    the resume is incredible and watching the presser as I type this the excitement is real..
    yea we lost some guys but if those guys were that quick to jump ship it might be a good thing.
    new guys will come, it is what it is......

BOOMER!!!!!

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

Hopefully BV's Defense will not gives up plays like these again.. 2007 Fiesta Bowl against Boise State.. The Video Doesn't Lie... By the time he left OU 99% was ready for him to go..

BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!!!!

4. Member
    man, it's just college football, oh wait it's OKLAHOMA STATE FOOTBALL, GO POKES!!! beat ND

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieBud View Post
    Hopefully BV's Defense will not gives up plays like these again.. 2007 Fiesta Bowl against Boise State...
    I was at that game. It was shocking, to say the least...

I wouldn't go so far as to say that "99%" of OU fans wanted BV gone. The straw that broke the proverbial camel's back was re-hiring brother Mike in 2012 - but ultimately, who really knows?? At the end of the day, BV was a "good get" - as good as any school could ever hope to get.

-b-

6. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieBud View Post
    Hopefully BV's Defense will not gives up plays like these again.. 2007 Fiesta Bowl against Boise State.. The Video Doesn't Lie... By the time he left OU 99% was ready for him to go..

BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!!!!
    seriously 2007????

I'll bet you could drag up some bad 15 year old video on any coach on the planet...

how about some video of the Clemson national championships and playoff appearances in the last few years..

Dude,, burn your crimson and cream stuff and go get you a bunch of Gumby orange crap..
    You'll fit right in there
    You're either in or you're out.. I hope you go. The Sooner nation don't need you............

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

No need for Gumby orange. Backing BV is what Sooner Nation should be focusing on at this point. He had a good press conference today, now let's see what happens.
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by [B
    BOOMER!!!!![/B]

Sooner !

9. Member
    [QUOTE=OkieBud;12209460]Hopefully BV's Defense will not gives up plays like these again.. 2007 Fiesta Bowl against Boise State.. The Video Doesn't Lie... By the time he left OU 99% was ready for him to go..

BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!!!!

Most of them wanted brother Mike gone

come on buddy I can get you a discount on your orange stuff , but you will have to buy your own double wide.

how many little OSWHo kids won't have Christmas this year cause dad took the trailer payment and Christmas money to drive to the game .

10. Member
    Oh good lord
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

I know a guy who said they spend 350 a ticket to see his team come up about 6” short. He told me today it cost him about 1500 for the tix, a room at the WinStar for 2 nights, food & drinks and claimed he never spent anything gambling. He said his other 5 friends unloaded about the same and now they should have went to their bowl game against ND.

12. Member
    lol
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

Quote Originally Posted by GregA View Post
    The exodus of OU playmakers is crazy. 3 weeks ago OU was on the verge of a CFP appearance. Today, the program is in re-building mode. Not a good time to be jumping conferences. TN 2.0?
    Most of the offensive staff is staying. My hope is that mixed with a good OC is enough to convince some of the offensive guys that entered the portal to stick around. Our 2022 recruiting class went from pretty dang good to flat out terrible in one week. While I'm sure that will improve a bit before the cycle is over, I doubt it makes it back to the #8 class like it was before TBOW bolted for USC and took the recruits with him. If we can get back some of our guys that are in the portal, it will make that blow not so bad.

We also took a major hit to our 2023 class. However, I feel there is plenty of time to overcome that hump. Plus, a number of those guys were niche players. Basically, dynamic guys that fit specific systems. For example, there was a 5'8" RB the flipped to USC with Riley. I'm sure the kid will be great in his offense but I have no idea if he would fit well in many other offenses.
    2007 Triton TR-21X w/ Pro XS 250
    6" T&H Hi Jacker w/ 2" spacers
    26P Tempest

The portal has changed recruiting, go after a 18 year old with 0 college experience that will leave after 2 or 3 years or a 20 year old with 2 or 3 experience. This been said by several HC

15. Member
    NIL changed everything!

Quote Originally Posted by OK_BassBum View Post
    NIL changed everything!
    the QB out of Texas that signed with Ohio St. played 2 down and 1.3 million in his pocket entered the portal and going back to Texas..

17. Member
    How much talk in Norman about this?

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-s...365012/?page=1

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ntslam View Post

&
    Greg
    Edgewater 245CC

19. Member
    Meh...

This is something that's in the "who really freaking cares" or "well, bless his heart" categories in Norman right now. We got our guy. End of story.

-b-

20. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ntslam View Post

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast