Rev limiter question?

Trying to find out what it is on this motor?
    Motor was manufactured in 2015 but is a 2016 model
    Mercury 115 efi 4stroke 2.07 gearcase
    Serial# 2B198774
    Model# 1115F131D
    ME115L 4S
    I’m hitting 6100 at WOT @ 52.5 mph with my current set up and wanna make sure I’m not pushing things to far.
    Thanks everyone.....

2. Member
    Rev limiter kicks in at 6450.

3. Member
    Is that 6100 RPM on a smart craft monitor or an analog gauge? Factory gauges are often off by a couple hundred RPM.

Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    Is that 6100 RPM on a smart craft monitor or an analog gauge? Factory gauges are often off by a couple hundred RPM.
    It’s analog, just making sure I’m somewhere in the safe range. I’ve seen 6200 thru 6400 for this motor. Just trying to get the exact. Thanks for the response.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaybee193 View Post
    It’s analog, just making sure I’m somewhere in the safe range. I’ve seen 6200 thru 6400 for this motor. Just trying to get the exact. Thanks for the response.
    On my Optimax the alarm goes of at 5800 RPM but the analog tach is showing 6100.

Stayed in it for a while. Definitely didn’t hear any alarms.

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    - Mercury doesn't use "years", which is why we always use the Serial Number to accurately identify your engine.

- You may not always "hear" an alarm. Some overspeed faults were removed (though the Guardian Features are still there and active).

- Rev Limiter shouldn't be viewed as a "fixed number". Depending on a number of factors (especially LOAD), Guardian may begin to limit RPM's earlier than the programmed final limit (consider this to be more of a WINDOW of approximately 400-500 RPM's). This permits the PCM to perceive situations where there is no load on the engine, RPM's are climbing rapidly, and the PCM responds with Guardian that says "I don't think so, you're not doing that on my watch".

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Good info to know. I appreciate the response....