Thread: CX 19

CX 19

Hey Guys,

Looking at a CX 19. Any thoughts good or bad? Speed, Ride etc? Thanks

Excellent choice for those wanting a boat that gives you valuable length (19’9” & a huge difference from an 18’), tournament driven options, a stable platform that fishes incredibly well and a 225 Mercury ProXS turning the CX19 to speeds far greater than an 18’ and closely scarce to many 20’ & 21’ models. All of this without the extra dollars of moving up to the CX20/21 w/ 250+ engines. The CX19 is getting lots of attention from dealers and having them in inventory because they really do give that all around platform without having to spend the extra dollars.

Great model and best of luck sir!!

3. Member
    I looked at both the 19 and 20. Ended up going with the 20 for only $5k or so more it didn't make sense to stick with the 19 when you priced everything apples to apples. Great boats either way!

4. Member
    I agree with above others sir. Great boat and choice if storage is also a factor and your garage cannot hold a bigger boat! Good luck in your journey.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caymas ProXS View Post
    Excellent choice for those wanting a boat that gives you valuable length (19’9” & a huge difference from an 18’), tournament driven options, a stable platform that fishes incredibly well and a 225 Mercury ProXS turning the CX19 to speeds far greater than an 18’ and closely scarce to many 20’ & 21’ models. All of this without the extra dollars of moving up to the CX20/21 w/ 250+ engines. The CX19 is getting lots of attention from dealers and having them in inventory because they really do give that all around platform without having to spend the extra dollars.

Great model and best of luck sir!!
    Great advice, if it was me and didnt have room for a 20 no doubt the CX 19 would work for me especially since i can pick my days to fishing. If i had the room for a 20 yes i would go ahead and spend the extra, one reason is resale is you ever want to up grade again, ride is going to be better on a 20-21 with out a doubt. If you fish smaller lakes most of the time the fisherability of a 19 would be close to a 20.
    Either way YOU ARE IN GOOD HANDS WITH CAYMAS, good honest folks who care about the product they put out and best of all they are all like family, been working together for years and years.

6. Member
    Hey Rodney Thanks Also fish KY lake Parents live in Murray

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoomwecman View Post
    Give me a hollow next time in town and we will eat a very good breakfast!!

Got a very good friend you may want to talk to, he sells Caymas boats and has the absolute best rigging shop for electronics there are any where, awfull good folks. Brandon Hunter is the guy to talk to, hes super sharp on electronics, guide and does electronics on water classes.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoomwecman View Post
    I can probably get you a ride in a 19, 20 and 21 if you like, i know i can get you a tour of the Caymas factory, which is a very nice place to visit. Earl be glade to meet you just a two hour drive down there from Murray.

9. Member
    Rodney Thanks I will be town over Christmas break if available I will buy you breakfast.

10. Member
    Get the 225 hp motor.

11. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    How much size difference on the front deck between 19 and 20? I know that the livewell is smaller so thinking the cockpit area is smaller on the 19? Both still have a 50 gallon fuel tank.

12. Member
    Billy-

I just ordered a CX19. My dealer had 19's and 20's in the showroom, so I was able to do a direct comparison.

If I recall correctly, the front deck lengths are identical, but the 20 is an inch or so wider. The bulk of the 8" difference in boat lengths is in front of the trolling motor pedal. The 19 has a more rounded nose compared to the 20's pointy nose.

I didn't do any measurements of the cockpits, but I didn't notice any difference. I'm 6'2" and fit in the 19 just fine.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KevInNC View Post
    Billy-

If I recall correctly, the front deck lengths are identical, but the 20 is an inch or so wider. The bulk of the 8" difference in boat lengths is in front of the trolling motor pedal. The 19 has a more rounded nose compared to the 20's pointy nose.
    The fishing area on the front is basically the same on the 19 and 20, as noted above the extra space is in front of the trolling motor pedal.

14. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    Thanks Guys!! At 6'4 i've been in a 20 but not really in a 19. Hopefully looking at last boat I will have to buy. Torn between the CX19 and a Falcon 195 or 205. The CX19 is about same price as the 205.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Billy View Post
    Thanks Guys!! At 6'4 i've been in a 20 but not really in a 19. Hopefully looking at last boat I will have to buy. Torn between the CX19 and a Falcon 195 or 205. The CX19 is about same price as the 205.
    I don't have a dog in this hunt as I currently have a BassCat Puma, but just from looking over them at shows and at dealers, I would take a Caymas all day over a Falcon. Fit and finish on a Caymas is light years ahead of a Falcon.

16. Member
    ^ I agree with this assessment.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

17. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    I don't have a dog in this hunt as I currently have a BassCat Puma, but just from looking over them at shows and at dealers, I would take a Caymas all day over a Falcon. Fit and finish on a Caymas is light years ahead of a Falcon.
    Appreciate that feedback!!