Sho making grinding noise

I have a 2014 sho 250 roughly 378 hours been 100% flawless motor but here lately when Im slowing down getting ready to sit the boat down it’s making a crazy grinding/rattling noise. It doesn’t make the noise any other time only when I get out the gas to sit it down around the 2500 rpm’s If I get back in the gas it stops or if I get all the way out the gas it will stop Any suggestions on where I need to start troubleshooting? I’m thinking I could possibly have a slightly bent prop shaft and at that certain rpm it’s getting upset making the noise (if that’s possible) or something’s coming apart internally it’s been going on for a month or so Water psi, temp, oil level and pressure are all fine
    Bullet 21xrs & xdc

2. Member
    A friend has a 2013 SHO 250 that was making noise also. He had the timing belt replaced. Seems to have solved the problem.

3. Member
    i would take it an have it checked out they generally dont make different noises for too long

Prop is ratcheting when you let off the gas.
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

5. Member
    Every time I’ve taken the cowling off over all
    the years I have noticed small pics of
    belt material Around the pulleys. When you say the prop is ratcheting what’s going on to cause that and what can I do to prevent it?
    Bullet 21xrs & xdc

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmithboats View Post
    i would take it an have it checked out they generally dont make different noises for too long
    100% agree with that statement lol!
    Bullet 21xrs & xdc