your thoughts and suggestions

after the wife's heart attack we had to sell the truck, her van and the boat to buy a handicap van.It cannot handle a hitch so no boat. I'm stuck on a large pier that's fished by many other folks. There's some pads and grass and mostly open water. I've tried top water, jerk baits, cutter worms, vibra tails,senkos,rattle traps, and crank baits. Nobody has caught a fish in 2 weeks !It gets pounded and there's the otters. I get to go out for a hour and a half or so in case she needs me home so I can't go somewhere else. What would you suggest or do ?Thanks in advance !

2. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Hope the wife (and you) are doing OK Jazz!

Here's my suggestion. Bait the area! Get some dog food pellets and bait it every day.. It'll attract baitfish, which will attract bass.. (among other things, like trash fish, but that's the trade off)

3. Member
    If that's your only option then unfortunately it sounds like you won't be catching much bass anytime soon. In my experience with people fishing public piers is the majority of them use live bait. Chances are good that area is just completely fished out. I would put everything into finding a second location. Your van can't tow a boat so is a kayak an option for you?

thank you guys. The van is useless for anything but wheelchair or scooter access.Might try the pellets. Thanks for the sentiment Mick. Getting old really does suck, :)

scary, fishing off the dock this morning and " heard " 2 air boats and about 10 bassboats and not one had any lights on.I thought it was a law in these foggy conditions ? On a nice note I managed to catch one ! lol 4 inch Senko green pumpkin black flake. I noticed yesterday a guy had his minnow trap pulled up and there were half a dozen salamanders in it that color.

6. Member
    I'm going to be the 2nd to suggest a Kayak.

These you can get relatively inexpensive (compared to a boat) and with a Roof Rack can easily haul on your van. Another option is a Kayak Trailer but that will be more costly. Look around for deals. We looked for a long time and bought ours at Dicks with a Frame Suspension Seat 275 lb capacity for under $300.

Sorry about your wife. Getting old sucks for all of us, but we are all Lucky if we get to make it there.

thank you !

Sorry for your misfortunes....maybe dragging a slider worm real slow will pan out.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

good thought, thanks Chris.

10. Member
    Get a truck and a boat.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    Get a truck and a boat.
    Did you read the original post? Sure doesn't seem like it.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by acesover View Post
    Did you read the original post? Sure doesn't seem like it.
    Sure did, just get a cheaper boat and truck than before. A 1648 jon boat with a tiller steer and a trolling motor on the front, or even with no gas motor and just a trolling motor is still far better than fishing from the bank and it's not that heavy so you can pull it with a small truck or van.

13. Banned
    Unfortunately, that doesn't seem like a viable option for him right now. Hence the reason I asked you if you read the post.