Storing Flourocarbon in the cold Midwest

Hey all,

How do you all store your bulk spools of flourocarbon after the seasons over? Take them inside where the temp is consistent? Last year I made the mistake of leaving them in my boat over the winter here in Illinois. Needless to say it all went to shit and I lost a bunch of mine and money. Just take them inside and store them?

Thanks

Kyle

2. Member
    We are in Michigan and store the boat in an unheated pole barn. EVERYTHING comes out while it's down. Rods, tackle and graphs all stored in the basement.

3. Member
    Yeah, I bring everything in and store the boat empty, even pull the batteries. Line and that kind of stuff I just throw in a milk crate with sunscreen and bug spray etc….all goes back in in the spring.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

4. Member
    Boat gets emptied in the winter and comes in the house. Allows me to go through tackle, line, anything else throughout the winter and get a list together of what I need to order for the next season
    Fish have fins, they swim

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SAL321 View Post
    We are in Michigan and store the boat in an unheated pole barn. EVERYTHING comes out while it's down. Rods, tackle and graphs all stored in the basement.
    This ^^^^