Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyO View Post
    There is some fantastic info for all to review. Again I have a house with a wonderful wifi system/signal, it just will not reach the detached garage. TY Old Syco, Your listed product is what I am looking for. I just placed the order and will update when received and installed.

my back garage is 135 ft or so behind the house and the mesh system works well in it. I also have a big shed with electricity and it has one (router) also my whole 6 acres has amazing internet likely lol
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

2. Banned
    Many times if you are talking about a better signal from the house out to a garage/barn you can just add a directional cone to the current router. My router is in the house an I have a detached garage. I took cardboard and made a concave disk (** not my video just one of a few worth the watch if you are interested**) and covered it in foil and the diff is amazing. went from 5=10 mbps to almost 50. more than enough to watch HD tv.

There are a bunch of DIY videos on it. Some use an old satellite dish which is supposed to work excellent. This guy is actually doing it to the antenna in the remote location. You can work it either way.

"Pringles cans are for amateur's"...lol

Last edited by old4runner; 12-04-2021 at 08:34 PM.

3. Member
    There is some fantastic info for all to review. Again I have a house with a wonderful wifi system/signal, it just will not reach the detached garage. TY Old Syco, Your listed product is what I am looking for. I just placed the order and will update when received and installed.
    Good choice. That is similar to the system I mentioned. Just wanted to point out that you also will need a wifi router in your out building to make it all work. You probably already realize this, but just making it clear.
    John

4. Member
    As jejb said you do need a separate router just nothing fancy. Both my shop and my sons have metal exterior, are insulated and have metal interior. There is no extender that will penetrate this when closed up so we had little choice but to go point to point. Just make sure to align the two units with no obstructions and all works good. Hope it works for you too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12