Looking for info - Laurel Lake, or is it Laurel River Lake KY (Just west of Corbin,KY

Sitting here planning my late winter, early spring fishing trip. Wanted some place, not to far, that offered Largemouth and Smallmouth and was a little away from it all. (Such as big Cities, endless Tournaments etc..) Also info on lodging. Lower priced lodging, not high ticket price tourism places. (Had a cabin on Dale Hollow a few years back and it was far from fancy, which suited me fine, and it had great prices. Full kitchen, living room w/ TV, and room enough to probably sleep 8-10. Shower wasn't so great. Must have been built for "little" people!)

Anyways, Laurel River Lake looked interesting. Anyone give me some information on the lake and area? Thanks. I'd appreciate it.
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.

2. Member
    It does have large and small mouth. Deep clear lake that can be tough at times. But a shot at a trophy small mouth. You could stay in London ky or Corbin and be close to the ramp. I like the Flatwoods area of the lake, it's close to corbin. Not many big tournaments on the lake, just some local stuff.
    Lot of deep cliff banks and shale rocky banks. Really a beautiful lake, but fishing wise not on the level of more well known lakes. I live about an hour away from it. You could stay in London and also fish cumberland along with laurel with cedar creek lake close as well. PM me if you would like.

3. Member
    Go back to dale- post when u get down and we ll see u on the water. Laurel Cumberland dale same river system and IMO day in and out Cumberland and dale much better

Great info. Thank you both. I'll keep Cedar Creek, the Cumberland and even Dale in mind.

I'm still undecided. Waters getting cold up here now and things are shutting down. Matter of fact, based on the forecast, tomorrow (12/16) might be the last day. That said, I'm newly retired so I have the ability to head south anytime.

Any lakes that are in the mid to upper 40's and into the mid 50's are great for me. That's prime time up here. Lately the water temps are 39. Fishable as long as the lake hasn't frozen over and the wind and air temps aren't to bad, which can make a day on the water "challenging"!

Cumberlands fishing great when the weathers right. I havent heard much on laurel.
    Gambler Intimidator

6. Member
    Laurel lake is a great choice especially if you fish during the week !!! Social media and tournaments non stop have pretty much destroyed Cumberland!
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by nightbasser View Post
    Laurel lake is a great choice especially if you fish during the week !!! Social media and tournaments non stop have pretty much destroyed Cumberland!
    That's happening all over.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Bass Tard View Post
    That's happening all over.
    Amen Brother!!! The social media hero wannabes and the yougoobers may even be worse than the overwhelming amount of tournaments
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

9. Member
    Have fished all 3 lakes, my advice would be to stick with Dale Hollow.

2011-721ProXp/250SHO