Current setup: (3) Gen 1 Solix units & Ultrex all networked. External antenna with HS at stern and external antenna with HS at bow. I did have an external non HS antenna on the bow but I replaced it before my last trip, although I know it’s not necessary to have 2 HS antennas.
Lithium battery just for electronics. 13.2 volts to all units.
15” SI & 12” SI at console & 15” SI at bow All were running 3.230 software which I know is very old. Everything performed the way I wanted so I never updated them. The last 2 or 3 trips I started having issues mainly with the bow unit. My sonar/imaging would lock up/freeze. Typically I would have to reboot and it would start working again. Occasionally, if I turned pinging off then back on that would get it working again, but most of the time that didn’t work. Occasionally, if I switched the sources for Sonar/SI/DI to the console unit then back to bow, that would get it working again. These two methods only worked infrequently so I usually had to reboot. Once I rebooted everything worked fine for a while then it would start acting up again. I would have to reboot multiple times throughout the day. I would sometimes lose gps too but that was very infrequent. I know power is not an issue, I get 13.2 volts constantly to all the units.
Last week I updated all units to the current software 4.020. I reset defaults before and after the updates. I also updated my Ultrex. I had a extra transducer and HS antenna so I replaced them.
Took a day trip yesterday and the 2 console units worked fine. I only had issues with them very infrequently in the past. The only issue I had with the bow unit yesterday was a screen scrolling issue. I have it set to view, Si, DI and Mapping. The imaging screens would scroll for about 6-7 seconds then freeze/pause for about 1-2 seconds then start scrolling again for 6-7 seconds then pause again. It did this constantly throughout the day and rebooting did not fix the issue. Gps worked fine and I did not have an issue with it. I know NAV data is not an issue either.
I welcome any suggestions.
2) If I replace my 15” console unit with a Gen 3 Solix will I see “Mega Plus” quality on my 12” since my Gen1 units are only “Mega” units and not “Mega Plus.” I run SI view on the 12 and DI & Mapping on the 15.