Maxxum pedal frozen?

Picked up a new boat and it has the maxxum 65lb. I've never had a cable steer pedal before but I think it's froze. The doesn't tilt at all. That being said, the boat is on the trailer and I can't get the trolling motor to fall the last .5 inch need to drop fully into the down position. Can this half inch be causing my pedal not to tilt? I assume that I should have some play but I put almost all my way down in the pedal won't move....

2. Member
    Before you completely deploy the motor, grab the motor and turn it one way or the other. Does it work or is it as you say frozen. If it does not move then you could have an issue with the pinion screw falling in between the outer shaft and the main shaft causing it to jam. I would bring to an ASC since it is so new.

Sorry I meant new as in, new to me. I'll try that today and report back. Thanks. The pedal is stuck with the heel all the way down and it was so frozen I thought that was the permanent position and thought, "well that looks uncomfortable to use while standing".

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by saliva2002 View Post
    Sorry I meant new as in, new to me. I'll try that today and report back. Thanks. The pedal is stuck with the heel all the way down and it was so frozen I thought that was the permanent position and thought, "well that looks uncomfortable to use while standing".
    As I stated I am pretty sure that a pinion screw has back out and fell between the outer shaft and main shaft and jammed the foot pedal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    Before you completely deploy the motor, grab the motor and turn it one way or the other. Does it work or is it as you say frozen. If it does not move then you could have an issue with the pinion screw falling in between the outer shaft and the main shaft causing it to jam. I would bring to an ASC since it is so new.
    I'm an idiot haha. Again, I've never used the mechanical trolling motor paddle but the guy had the trolling motor cranked so far no one way couldn't do anything, but once I put enough pressure on the head the palace started to move. Relieved!