Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Everyone needs to relax. You bought a brand new product that is not just new to you but also the company selling the product. ML has really only been in the hands of a select few for around a month. Give it time if not then just get rid of it. There’s a market for it and will sell fast with little loss on your end. Most guys don’t even know how to operate side imaging let alone live sonar they just like to say they got it and look cool at the ramp.

remember when lowrance tried their version of 360? It was such a bust it disappeared in a year and never came back. Not saying that will happen with ML at least ML is in the ballpark. And please don’t pretend garmin has it figured either cause they don’t.
    Nitro z21

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Capw View Post
    If you want to buy a new head unit to see fins, then go right ahead.
    It’s not about seeing the fins but on my lakes being able to differentiate between fish species is very important. I don’t think from what I have seen MegaLive is going to do that very well. Trust me the Garmin has well documented warts I would love to get away from, but I don’t think the ML would cut it for me.

3. Banned
    Wait until the ML is out of warranty and it has to be replaced at full price. I damaged a LS transducer and a buddy had one go bad and it cost about half the price of a system to replace it. It would have sucked to replace the entire thing!

There is a reason for using a separate "box" in a lot of cases. Sensors, or in this case a transducer, are considered "wear items" and will need to be replaced at some point.

4. Member
    [QUOTE=pfisher;12205690]Wait until the ML is out of warranty and it has to be replaced at full price. I damaged a LS transducer and a buddy had one go bad and it cost about half the price of a system to replace it. It would have sucked to replace the entire thing!

There is a reason for using a separate "box" in a lot of cases. Sensors, or in this case a transducer, are considered "wear items" and will need to be replaced at some point.
    I agree

5. Member
    Summary of this thread:

Currently, Livescope produces a better image (overall; distance and resolution) than Mega Live.

Ok - that’s pretty clear and frankly, objective. All of the other points of discussion seem to be related to compatibility

6. Member
    Personally,,,I don’t care who has the best. I want Mega Live to work with my birds, I want it to go with my SI, complement my Mega 360, Being able to network it all together. I don’t care if it’s not the best of the 3 and I like what I see in postings of video and pics as anybody that has it knows it’s first generation release and it will be improved as time goes on. If you don’t like it. Get rid of it,,and use which version of the 3 with whatever floats your boat.

7. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cevans View Post
    Personally,,,I don’t care who has the best. I want Mega Live to work with my birds, I want it to go with my SI, complement my Mega 360, Being able to network it all together. I don’t care if it’s not the best of the 3 and I like what I see in postings of video and pics as anybody that has it knows it’s first generation release and it will be improved as time goes on. If you don’t like it. Get rid of it,,and use which version of the 3 with whatever floats your boat.
    I couldn't agree more. Mega Live completes my One Boat Network where I have access to SI, DI, 2D, Mega 360, Mega Live, Cannon Downrigger, Mercury Engine Data, and Fuel Tank data from my Apex 19 or Solix 12 devices... anything, anywhere, anytime, and in any combination. There is huge value to this integration for me as I troll for Stripers and can do everything from my two devices at the helm.

It does everything I need NOW and will only get better over time.

I'm glad I waited for Mega Live!
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

Quote Originally Posted by cevans View Post
    That's where I'm at..
    Since I've not used any of the others, I don't have anything to compare it with. Will learn to use what I've got.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12