Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goaltender8 View Post
    Braidwood up north only allows ONE tournament per day not matter the size. First application in gets the date, no matter the history of the event, good or bad.
    I prefer that system, but I can live with 2 per day at Newton since there's a ramp on each side of the lake. Any more than 2 is too many!

2. Member
    I'm probably headed to Newton on Wednesday. I wouldn't think there would be ice problems unless the plant has been off since the first of the year. If anybody knows of a problem, please let me know so I don't waste a day off work. lol

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bkirch View Post
    I'm probably headed to Newton on Wednesday. I wouldn't think there would be ice problems unless the plant has been off since the first of the year. If anybody knows of a problem, please let me know so I don't waste a day off work. lol

Following

No ice Josh. I just talked to a friend who lives there and they have been running power since the 5th. He hasn’t been able to fish due to work, but it should be good.

5. Member
    Thanks for the heads up, Philly. So far, all systems are go! Hopefully I'll have some tall tales to tell afterwards.

Thanks for the heads up, Philly. So far, all systems are go! Hopefully I'll have some tall tales to tell afterwards.
    South wind today and then Southwest on Wednesday...They gonna bite....I would bet on it.

7. Member
    Definitely need some tall tales. Hopefully good ones, but comedic ones will suffice.

8. Member
    I have tales to tell... not too tall, not too funny, and somewhat tragic. lol Plant was not running today (go figure). 43+ at the ramp and the warmest I found was 47. The dreaded case where the farther up the hot I went, the colder the temp. The warmest was in the middle, I guess being washed down by the current. Visibility varied around 12-18 inches. I caught 15 or so with 4 keepers. Biggest was 5.70. Here's the tragic part: our fuel gauge has always been a little wonky and today it decided to be a lot wonky. I checked before I left home and it read 1/2 tank. 10 minutes til 1:00, almost headed for the cold side, I ran out of *&*%%$%$&^ gas. I didn't get to fish any of the cold side, so I can't say what was happening over there.

I have tales to tell... not too tall, not too funny, and somewhat tragic. lol Plant was not running today (go figure). 43+ at the ramp and the warmest I found was 47. The dreaded case where the farther up the hot I went, the colder the temp. The warmest was in the middle, I guess being washed down by the current. Visibility varied around 12-18 inches. I caught 15 or so with 4 keepers. Biggest was 5.70. Here's the tragic part: our fuel gauge has always been a little wonky and today it decided to be a lot wonky. I checked before I left home and it read 1/2 tank. 10 minutes til 1:00, almost headed for the cold side, I ran out of *&*%%$%$&^ gas. I didn't get to fish any of the cold side, so I can't say what was happening over there.
    Oh man.....That sucks!! The afternoon is usually good on the cold side on the days that they are not running power!! Oh well, glad to hear that y'all caught a few keepers.

10. Member
    90 tournies on Lake Springfield this year too

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12