Lake with motor HP/ speed restrictions

Can anyone tell me the biggest (acreage) body of water in Michigan which has a motor HP / Speed restrictions. Does the DNR have a list??

Dr

2. Member
    If it not listed at the DNR site it is 55mph. For example Goguac lake as well as Gull lake here around battle creek are 45mph. It is listed at the DNR ramp. If you go to the great lakes it 55mph till a mile out, after that it what ever you can get up to.

Kent Lake is No Wake
    Wolverine has a 10mph till 10am
    Big Seven is no out board (Just trim up and use trolling motor all day)
    "The handicapped angler"

4. dartag1829
    Heron in Holly Recreation area is Electric only.
    Orion has a 40 mph speed limit. Used to be a cop with a radar gun on tournament days.
    Orchard Lake has a 40 mph limit.

Hudson Lake near Morenci has a no wake.

we have a bunch of small inland lakes in newaygo county that are no wake from like 7:30pm to 11 am

7. Member
    Thanks to all who replied. I was looking for that possible retirement location back in Michigan for my forever home. And I was thinking near easy/calm fishing as possible, biggest water with the littlest speedy traffic. Night fishing is an avenue to consider.

dr

8. dartag1829
    Quote Originally Posted by dr View Post
    Thanks to all who replied. I was looking for that possible retirement location back in Michigan for my forever home. And I was thinking near easy/calm fishing as possible, biggest water with the littlest speedy traffic. Night fishing is an avenue to consider.

dr

The one problem with Michigan is we only have about 4 months of good boating. Just about any All Sports Lake will be crowded. Best to find one without public access. Will still be busy on the weekends. I have lived 465 acre lake for 37 years. It is busy on the weekends. Being retried I love weekdays out there. Usually pontoon cruising on the weekend evenings. Never have night fished. Maybe one of these years.

9. Michigan Bass Club Moderator CGWright's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thedude View Post
    we have a bunch of small inland lakes in newaygo county that are no wake from like 7:30pm to 11 am
    I would be okay with that on more inland lakes just to keep the damn wake boarders away.

To report any post you disagree with press Alt + F4.

i'm rarely an advocate for more laws... but there should be a minimum acreage for a lake to allow wake boats. they are a menace to everything

11. Member
    All Michigan lakes have a speed limit?

Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    All Michigan lakes have a speed limit?
    They are all 55 mph unless posted otherwise..... That means even slower. Some are 35, Some 45 etc.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    They are all 55 mph unless posted otherwise..... That means even slower. Some are 35, Some 45 etc.
    That's terrible.

I've never heard of anyone getting a speeding ticket, yet, I'll just wait 3, 2, 1

15. Michigan Bass Club Moderator CGWright's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bob o View Post
    I've never heard of anyone getting a speeding ticket, yet, I'll just wait 3, 2, 1
    I have heard of a few. But on Gun Lake the Barry county marine patrol can't hardly launch a boat by themselves, so I'm not sure they get to play with radar guns too.

True story! I saw marine patrol pull up, prep, and then back into the ramp. One got out and jumped in the tin boat, the other in the truck. He backed the boat in and took off up the ramp. Well, the bow strap was still attached and he pulled the boat all the way up to the top of the ramp while we were all yelling at him to stop. His partner bailed out of the boat part way up and just stood there. The one driving the truck got out and unhooked it and drove right on over to the law enforcement parking and got out to crank up the strap.

As I walked by him winching up his strap I said "That thing don't plane too well on concrete, does it?"

To report any post you disagree with press Alt + F4.

17. dartag1829
    Fished Orion a few years ago. Went across the lake and there was the Oakland County boat with his radar gun on me. Later on I went by eating my PBJ and he shot me again. I stopped to say Hi and asked what he had on me. It was 34 which was what my GPS said. As we were chatting 2 guys on Sea Doo's came under the bridge tunnel going probably 50. I said " Can they do that ". He laughed and said he had to go. He did give them tickets. He said you Bass Boat guys go way to fast out there. I think he was talking about Brad. Luckily my Ranger is slow.

18. Member
    If you go out at night, you better invite Mike.........
    Wave Therapy

19. Member
    If you use this site and make sure you have the layer "Watercraft Controls" turned on, it will tell you if there are controls in place for almost all inland lakes.
    http://www.mcgi.state.mi.us/mrbis/

If you want the details on the actual controls you can go to this site for more details:
    https://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,...491---,00.html