Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by JJohnSind View Post
    I just don’t like having to bend my rods in. People may not care, it’s just me.
    Why would you have to do that? They go in just fine. Never have to bend.

2. Member
    Both rod lockers (the “real” ones on the sides) have day boxes, shortening the openings. Long rods have to be “bent” in. Windshields cause this too. Using the center compartment for rods don’t have this issue, but that’s not where I want my rods. We all have preferences.

I have a 2021 ZXR20 and keep some 8' rods in the "real"rod lockers with the day boxes. They are not bent when stored in them. I think I am misunderstanding that comment in some way.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JJohnSind View Post
    Both rod lockers (the “real” ones on the sides) have day boxes, shortening the openings. Long rods have to be “bent” in. Windshields cause this too. Using the center compartment for rods don’t have this issue, but that’s not where I want my rods. We all have preferences.
    No, they don't have to be bent to be put in. You put them in the exact same as any other... Tip first, then put the butt in.

5. Member
    Not sure if the lockers are built different (I have an FXR21) but I could NOT get my 5’6” sectioned plug knocker to go in my starboard side rod locker because of the shorter opening caused by the day box. My 8ft push pole fitting was a pipe dream. Both are not bendable. Not sure how a 7ft rod goes in without bending (“guiding the tip in”… might have been a better descriptive), much less an 8ft. If you’re not bending them in, they’re bending on their own as they go in. Both poles go in fine with no issues on the port side (but I don’t want heavy, rigid poles like those next to delicate rod tips). No issues getting 8 footers in the port side, but that’s a huge opening (no day box). No issues in previous boat (20i) with the plug knocker or push pole, but that boat had deeper rod lockers and no “wall” towards the nose of the compartment. The 20i had tubes in the starboard side though so I still had to be careful putting rods in (when without socks) or guides could “catch” and get damaged. The “bending in” I’m referring to is the starboard side of the FXR (not bent while stored), I’m assuming the starboard side of the ZXR opening is proportioned the same way. If not, then I stand corrected.
    Last edited by JJohnSind; 12-25-2021 at 05:13 AM.

6. Member
    I see what you're waiting now... It's not deep enough to get a hard pole like a plug knocker in.

The starboard side of the 2021 zxr is different top layout than a fxr (2022 zxr is the same as the fxr). No rods in starboard side.. instead, you get more rod storage in the center boxes. I'd imagine you could easily put plug knocker in either center compartments on 2021 zxr... I put an oar in mine, but it's not 6 foot.
    Last edited by Bogeypro; 12-25-2021 at 12:10 PM.

7. Member
    I had to put the plug knocker in the center, the push pole was a no go anywhere. Still trying to figure that one out. I feel like a toddler trying to put a square piece in a triangular hole. LOL.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12