Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I feel really bad that the players want the owners to give up some of their billions. Players are being greedy IMO. Those owners have sat back and earned those billions through the TV contracts they have signed.

2. Member
    That the way lots people feel now ---im entitled !!
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

3. Member
    Post #11 what was so hard about understanding that post ? If You want to watch MLB , go for it . If you dont want to watch then dont . It is your choice . Same with NFL/NBA , I dont watch either one, once again my choice . LOL
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

Collective bargaining will work itself out. Neither side really wants to be out. They all know it doesn’t sit well with average fans.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 BASS ASSASIN View Post
    sure.. let’s just replace another job with a machine.. I hope they at least put the circuit board near the plate/ backstop do the manager can go slam his hat down, kick some dirt at it and spit in its chip .. are we trying to replace short fused with short circuited?
    hell while we are at it ,let’s just step it up a notch and dehumanize the game completely ...let robots play.. then every one can be happy watching there perfect game..
    it’s a game. played by humans..riddled with imperfections.. just the way I like it.. as far as what they pay who , and don’t; what they profit or lose has never been a concern for me. A player is worth what someone is willing to pay .. bottom line.. just like the value of a boat.. watching a guy charge the mound after getting some chin music.. PRICELESS

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Flop Fisher View Post
    oh and most importantly, electronic strike zone

Then if the Mgr. wants to question a call that team's 'Media Assistant' gets into a text war w/the Robo-Ump which is displayed on the $4M scoreboard for all to see. It first comes over in English then French then Spanish then Japanese so a dispute now lasts 12 min. on avg. Then someone who got paid a bundle says "This sucks" so they go back to a flesh & blood umpire...

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnpro1 View Post
    I feel really bad that the players want the owners to give up some of their billions. Players are being greedy IMO. Those owners have sat back and earned those billions through the TV contracts they have signed.
    And government enticements backed by public dollars.
    Mike Smith

8. Member
    BBC will never be America's pastime.
    GETFISHED !!!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinPaPaw View Post
    Baseball sucks anymore. I hope they go on strike forever at the point.
    I couldn't agree more - the game has deteriorated at all levels and the salaries are absurd. Let the players start their own league if they want to run the show.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ardenbass View Post
    And government enticements backed by public dollars.
    Don't forget the new fresh stadiums erected via public funds...

This is informative w/a wee bit of humor, a couple really stick out

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadrashPaul View Post
    They lost me with how the Astros were basically allowed to cheat all the way to the World Series and received what amounted to miniscule punishments and still had people cheering for them this year when they made it back
    How long should the public flogging continue?

Quote Originally Posted by Ckfishin View Post
    Electronic strike zone does not work as good as people think I have watched videos.
    I have watched it in person. The high point rockers used it this season as a test for MLB. I didn't know it was in use until the president of the team pointed it out to me. They also tested the 60'6" pitching mound. I'm in favor of both.

Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    The electronic strike zone test I witnessed had an umpire with an ear piece. He received a buzz for a strike and then called it. There was virtually no delay in his calling. I was impressed.

14. Member
    Players are there for a short period of time and have no responsibility other than playing well. Owners have to cover all the responsibilities for the team so there is a team for future players .they are all spoiled in my view.

15. Member
    I don’t care who gets more or less money. Just entertainment for me.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ttranger View Post
    I couldn't agree more - the game has deteriorated at all levels and the salaries are absurd. Let the players start their own league if they want to run the show.
    Stat nerds ruined the game more than anything really. Walks, strikeouts and home runs are really the vast majority of games now. Hardly any bases stolen. Plus the shifts even takes away more base hits. Still enjoy playoff baseball though.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

17. Member
    I love baseball and it’s always been my favorite to watch. However, I can’t even get a game on TV to watch due to the local TV contracts where I live. Ironically, I can’t even watch on the MLB app because it’s blacked out when in your home area. They could have stopped playing 3 years ago and I wouldn’t have even noticed. These greedy owners have done it to themselves in my opinion.
    Dave
    2021 Triton 18TRX, Mercury 200 ProXS-4s
    Lowrance Elite FS, w/ Active Target
    Humminbird Helix 9 MEGA SI G4N
    Humminbird Helix 9 MEGA DI G4N

18. Member
    Yes its nuts ---Only teams i care about ---Rangers, Cards, Royals and Astros are ALL blacked out in our area !!! This is NUTS !!!
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

19. Member
    My wife is a huge Royals fan and she only misses one or two games a year due to blackouts. We get almost every single Royals game on channel 34 Cox cable. I think that is Balley sports midwest or something like that. I thought it used to be like ESPN 3 or 4.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12