Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by FDR80 View Post
    I am not paying a guy that is getting motor money incentive,
    Boat money incentive, and accessory money-incentive, anywhere near retail or what a average fisherman would want for that boat.
    JMHO
    How would you go about the process of determining who is getting boat and/or motor incentive and who is not? Anyone who buys a new boat (or a used boat within contingency year class limits) can register for that brands tournament contingency program. I am someone who considers specific boat/motor brands whose contingency programs align with the tournament circuits that I fish. I have cashed numerous contingency checks through the years and sold over a dozen boats and to this day, I have never had a buyer ask me how much/little contingency money I made off that particular boat.

I completely respect your opinion on the matter but I have never even considered the fact that this might be an issue with a potential buyer and I am curious to know what leads you to take this position?

2. Member
    I know guys that don’t fish any of the tours and get incentives from the manufacturers. Are on the Pro teams for boats, motors… It’s how they can get a new boat every year or two. They get hooked up through their Boat dealers. This isn’t contingency money. This is money that is discounted at the time of purchase. And it’s substantial on the motor and boat.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Some pro boats go back to factory after the season to get any little issues fixed if needed. Those boats return looking like they rolled off the showroom floor brand new.

Most pros are not gonna tarnish their name and hurt future sales prospects by selling you a lemon.
    I was trying to buy a boat from Paul Elias a few years ago, someone had beat me to it and put a deposit down, talked with Paul about it and he told me his boat would go back to the factory and that I would not know it from a brand new one, very nice man.

Thumbs Up

I know guys that don’t fish any of the tours and get incentives from the manufacturers. Are on the Pro teams for boats, motors… It’s how they can get a new boat every year or two. They get hooked up through their Boat dealers. This isn’t contingency money. This is money that is discounted at the time of purchase. And it’s substantial on the motor and boat.
    Roger that..I see your point.

So you won't buy from them? Or you want the discount they got? Retail is the price the market will bear for that year and model. Would you pay a non compensated owner near retail for the same boat?

Trying to understand this logic.

Reality is of course we all want the best deal we can.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12