Hook and Bullet sunglasses

Came across a YouTube on Hook and Bullet sunglasses and they have a model called Litepro designed for being able to see your electronics. Wanted to see if anyone had some experience with them?? Looks like they are around 300 bucks. Lot of money for sunglasses that I'll probably end up braking in a month! LOL. I will say I hardly ever wear my sunglasses because I can't see my screen on my electronics well at all.

2. Member
    I just try to figure how pissed I'd be if they flew off the deck into the river, and end up with polorized sunglasses from Walmart.

I lost/broke three pair Costa Del Mar expensive glasses in one year. Since then, I’ll buy cheap glasses lol

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    I just try to figure how pissed I'd be if they flew off the deck into the river, and end up with polorized sunglasses from Walmart.
    actually the Berkeley glasses are pretty good..
    it’s knot often good and cheap intersect ..

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swampseed View Post
    Came across a YouTube on Hook and Bullet sunglasses and they have a model called Litepro designed for being able to see your electronics. Wanted to see if anyone had some experience with them?? Looks like they are around 300 bucks. Lot of money for sunglasses that I'll probably end up braking in a month! LOL. I will say I hardly ever wear my sunglasses because I can't see my screen on my electronics well at all.
    Polarization happens when light reflects off a surface and the waves become oriented parallel to the reflective surface. Your glasses have a polarizing filter that runs vertically. This blocks out any horizontally oriented light wave (like the ones bouncing off the water, a car hood, ect). In fact if you hold a pair of polarized glasses in front of your face while wearing polarized glasses and look through both sets of lenses and then rotate the pair in front of your face, when the 2 glasses are perpendicular to each other, all light will be blocked and it will go black.

Fish finders' screens put out some polarized light, and some of that light can be perpendicular to your glasses' filter, causing issues seeing your screen. Notice if you rotate your head, it changes your ability to view the screen because you are changing the angle of the filter in your glasses relative to the angle of the screen's light waves. In my mind, for them to have glasses that see fish finder screens better, they are sacrificing polarization, and to me, that would not be worth buying.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thamelau View Post
    Polarization happens when light reflects off a surface and the waves become oriented parallel to the reflective surface. Your glasses have a polarizing filter that runs vertically. This blocks out any horizontally oriented light wave (like the ones bouncing off the water, a car hood, ect). In fact if you hold a pair of polarized glasses in front of your face while wearing polarized glasses and look through both sets of lenses and then rotate the pair in front of your face, when the 2 glasses are perpendicular to each other, all light will be blocked and it will go black.

Fish finders' screens put out some polarized light, and some of that light can be perpendicular to your glasses' filter, causing issues seeing your screen. Notice if you rotate your head, it changes your ability to view the screen because you are changing the angle of the filter in your glasses relative to the angle of the screen's light waves. In my mind, for them to have glasses that see fish finder screens better, they are sacrificing polarization, and to me, that would not be worth buying.
    Great explanation. Also, the glasses are following the infomercial problem of solving a problem that doesn't really exist. I've never had an issue seeing my electronics with sunglasses on. If those high dollar sunglasses make it easier to see electronics, but harder to see bedding fish it wouldn't be a good purchase for me.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Quote Originally Posted by Thamelau View Post

Late to this show, just read it and you are correct. Humminbird's displays are about 45 degree polarized top right to lower left. If you have polarized glasses on and tilt your head to the right at 45 degrees, the display light gets blocked. The display will look the brightest if you tilt your head 45 degrees left. It's been a few years since I checked Lowrance and Garmin displays but at least one of those has the polarization the opposite slant of Humminbird.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

I have a pair of Maui Jim's that I've had for over 20 yrs. Under warrantee they've replaced the ear piece 5 times, the whole glasses twice all at a cost of $15 each time. The last time I needed new frames, they had quit making that style, so the gave me 1/2 off of a new style of my choice. I've got Costa's, Oakly's and Wiley-X, and keep going back to the Maui Jims. Which ever one you choose, get a neck strap to go with them, you'll thank me later, lol !!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmitch2 View Post
    I have a pair of Maui Jim's that I've had for over 20 yrs. Under warrantee they've replaced the ear piece 5 times, the whole glasses twice all at a cost of $15 each time. The last time I needed new frames, they had quit making that style, so the gave me 1/2 off of a new style of my choice. I've got Costa's, Oakly's and Wiley-X, and keep going back to the Maui Jims. Which ever one you choose, get a neck strap to go with them, you'll thank me later, lol !!
    I own Costas, and Maui Jims......... You are correct about Maui Jims, they are great, and the customer service is even better. I have had some returns for repairs (my fault, not theirs) and they have always been spot on with how they handled it each time.