Long line - strolling JB - how deep can you get?

Anyone have experience strolling deep diving JBs?

How deep do you think I can get a 110+2...I need to reach 26+ft for this experiment.

2. Member
    Put it on some lead core and do it like the walleye guys do. There is a trollers bible out there with all the dive curves of various crankbaits and jerkbaits. Line counter reel with 14 lb fluoro would probably do it too, probably in the 150-175 feet range.

3. Member
    The diving depth advertised for the 110+2 is 12 feet. I do not think you will ever get double that with regular line even if you stroll. You might get a couple of feet more with very thin line but, in my opinion, that's about it.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Real L View Post
    The diving depth advertised for the 110+2 is 12 feet. I do not think you will ever get double that with regular line even if you stroll. You might get a couple of feet more with very thin line but, in my opinion, that's about it.
    10lb fluoro dumping most of my spool (Zillion G) almost down to the backing - scraped 29ft with the bill.

I'm as surprised as you are...not that it's a practical way to fish - probably have to use braid to leader to even set the hook with that much line out.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TDobb View Post
    Put it on some lead core and do it like the walleye guys do. There is a trollers bible out there with all the dive curves of various crankbaits and jerkbaits. Line counter reel with 14 lb fluoro would probably do it too, probably in the 150-175 feet range.
    Thanks but I need it to suspend like a proper JB. I'm catching these fish with swimbaits/blades/etc but trying to extend my very short JB season.

I didn't have a line counter but approx 200ft got the +2 to 29/30ft. Not bad!

6. Member
    Could try and weight it just a smidge to get it to sink very slowly. 10# floro. Between the line and weighting, it should get deep. Rapala countdown minnow. The lure nobody talks about. Still catches a ton in cold water.
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"