Dedicated LiveScope unit on bow or separate units

Currently have Humminbirds at the console (999ci side image capable) and bow (859ci down image capable). Was thinking of replacing the Humminbirds with Garmins to run Livescope at the bow and network back to the console. Would I be better off keeping the Humminbirds in place and just adding a dedicated LiveScope Garmin at the bow? Or should I just replace the Humminbirds with networked Garmin units and use the one at the bow with both the Garmin transducer and LiveScope transducer mounted on the trolling motor? I could then run split screen if I wanted to simultaneously view any combo of Chart/2D/Down Imaging/Side Imaging/Livescope? I plan on running a separate power source for the Livescope unit so leaving the Humminbirds in place wouldn't be an issue.

2. Member
    I personally would keep the Humminbirds and add a dedicated Garmin unit for Livescope.I would highly recommend at least a 10" screen for easy viewing. The bigger the better.Also I would recommend the Livescope transducer mounted on a separate pole so you can keep the transducer pointed where you want so it want always be moving when mounted directly to the trolling motor shaft.

I run 2 HB and 2 Garmin graphs I like having the mix of features and images I can obtain
    and yes the garmin at the bow is for livescope only
    I have mapping on the bow Garmin and do plan to connect the 2D transducer in the ultrex to the garmin just to add another option for days when I'm not needing or using livescope
    "The handicapped angler"

4. Member
    I run two Humminbird Helix units plus a dedicated livescope on a 126sv screen. This is my preferred set up and it works great for me.