Video on how to override control panel to run livewells

I saw a video somewhere of a guy swapping a fuse to get livewells to run if panel goes out. Anyone know where I could watch it ?

thanks

2. Member
    Are you talking about the 3amp p.a.d.s fuse under the dash? That fuse controls the side panel.

That fuse says p.a.d.s on it in black fuse holder under dash.

3. Member
    You might check these fuses!!
    [IMG][/IMG]

4. Member
    [IMG][/IMG]

5. Member
    If he's talking about that fuse, p.a.d.s. 3.amp.Those pic are of under my boats dash. Great example. A pic speaks a 1000 words

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by headtm View Post
    I saw a video somewhere of a guy swapping a fuse to get livewells to run if panel goes out. Anyone know where I could watch it ?

thanks
    You might check out Face Book, they have two or three different groups on Caymas, i looked but did not see the video you are talking about. If you find it you might share with us.

7. Member
    I believe the OP is referring to the ability to bypass the switch pad controls and operate the pumps, lights, and other electronics directly from the fuse boxes. This is one of the neat "hidden" features of Caymas boats that I'm surprised they don't advertise a bit more. I do recall seeing a video about it a few years back when Caymas was just getting off the ground. If you look under the driver's counsel up towards the front there are two black boxes with removable plastic covers with big bundles of wiring coming out of them. They look similar to the fuse and relay boxes under the hood of your truck, just upside down. When the master power is on, you should see a faint blinking light coming from them. If you unclip the covers, you'll see rows of fuses for each electrical system/item in the boat. They are labeled similar to the switch panels so you know what each circuit operates. With the fuse installed in the position as it comes from the factory, the circuit is controlled through either or both of the button panels (bow panel or panel next to driver's seat). If for any reason those panels were not working, you can pull the individual fuse for the item you want to operate and install it in the secondary "bypass" location (I believe its right below or right next to the factory position, but I'm not where I can look to be sure; It's pretty obvious once you're looking at it). With the fuse installed in the bypass location, the switch panels are removed from the circuit and the pump, light, or whatever else will receive direct power. If the problem is really the switch panel, the bypass should cause the pump or light to run. Neat little feature that could save a day or a tournament or even be useful in an emergency (swamped boat and shorted out switch pad). Obviously not as convenient as pushing the button to turn things off and on, but you can still get power to a bilge or livewell pump without having to cut or splice wires. Hope this helps, sorry I can't point you to the video.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pp98 View Post
    I believe the OP is referring to the ability to bypass the switch pad controls and operate the pumps, lights, and other electronics directly from the fuse boxes. This is one of the neat "hidden" features of Caymas boats that I'm surprised they don't advertise a bit more. I do recall seeing a video about it a few years back when Caymas was just getting off the ground. If you look under the driver's counsel up towards the front there are two black boxes with removable plastic covers with big bundles of wiring coming out of them. They look similar to the fuse and relay boxes under the hood of your truck, just upside down. When the master power is on, you should see a faint blinking light coming from them. If you unclip the covers, you'll see rows of fuses for each electrical system/item in the boat. They are labeled similar to the switch panels so you know what each circuit operates. With the fuse installed in the position as it comes from the factory, the circuit is controlled through either or both of the button panels (bow panel or panel next to driver's seat). If for any reason those panels were not working, you can pull the individual fuse for the item you want to operate and install it in the secondary "bypass" location (I believe its right below or right next to the factory position, but I'm not where I can look to be sure; It's pretty obvious once you're looking at it). With the fuse installed in the bypass location, the switch panels are removed from the circuit and the pump, light, or whatever else will receive direct power. If the problem is really the switch panel, the bypass should cause the pump or light to run. Neat little feature that could save a day or a tournament or even be useful in an emergency (swamped boat and shorted out switch pad). Obviously not as convenient as pushing the button to turn things off and on, but you can still get power to a bilge or livewell pump without having to cut or splice wires. Hope this helps, sorry I can't point you to the video.
    Thanks for sharing that info, i sure didnt know about that and i thought i had been over everything in my rig. I will be at Caymas in the next couple weeks, will see if i can get a video of what you are talking ABOUT.

9. Member
    Thanks I saw the fuse panels last night when I was messing around in the boat and it’s was labeled really well. Definitely a cool feature just in case something happens

10. Member
    And since I’m thinking about it I saw what looked like a reset button in the little phone compartment. Anyone know what that’s for?

11. Member
    headtm-- again I'm not where I can look to confirm, but almost certain there is a push to reset circuit breaker right next to the 12V/USB plug. Not sure if that circuit has another fuse in the panel, but having the breaker close to outlet would function similar to a GFI in your house. If the receptacle or cord being plugged in were a little damp (think rainy day), having the circuit breaker close might save you from frying an I Phone or something if there was a quick arc between cord and receptacle. Another one of those little things you'd never notice that was designed into our boats.

CaymasRodney-- I think Adam A. mentioned the fuse box set-up in one of the facebook videos he did when they first rolled out the bass boat line up a few years ago along with some of the other little somewhat "hidden" features of Caymas like the stainless latch plates on all the lid latches. I was up under there working on some wiring for graphs and for whatever reason remembered Adam mentioning it. Popped the covers off the boxes and it was pretty obvious how to make it work if needed. Like I said above, I'm really surprised they don't market some of these features a little more heavily. Really a lot of thought and experience was put into these boats.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pp98 View Post
    headtm-- again I'm not where I can look to confirm, but almost certain there is a push to reset circuit breaker right next to the 12V/USB plug. Not sure if that circuit has another fuse in the panel, but having the breaker close to outlet would function similar to a GFI in your house. If the receptacle or cord being plugged in were a little damp (think rainy day), having the circuit breaker close might save you from frying an I Phone or something if there was a quick arc between cord and receptacle. Another one of those little things you'd never notice that was designed into our boats.

CaymasRodney-- I think Adam A. mentioned the fuse box set-up in one of the facebook videos he did when they first rolled out the bass boat line up a few years ago along with some of the other little somewhat "hidden" features of Caymas like the stainless latch plates on all the lid latches. I was up under there working on some wiring for graphs and for whatever reason remembered Adam mentioning it. Popped the covers off the boxes and it was pretty obvious how to make it work if needed. Like I said above, I'm really surprised they don't market some of these features a little more heavily. Really a lot of thought and experience was put into these boats.