Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    https://www.easternmarine.com/trailer-disc-brakes

Good people to deal with here...... Call them if you have any questions.

2. Member
    Tiedown makes nice brake line kits….at a good price….available at most trailer shops & the online trailer parts stores.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

Awesome, thanks for the info!!! Unfortunately I have to wait till spring but now I have a starting point

Quote Originally Posted by saliva2002 View Post
    Turns out he at least left the discs on it. Overton's has some full kits for around $600, even though I don't need the discs or the actuator, I only need the calipers and the hydraulic lines
    I would bet that if the acuator(master cylinder) has been void of fluid for a period of time that it is probably bad also. Rotors that haven't been continuously cleand by application of the brake pads are possibly rusted also and probably need replaced.

Here's the calipers I bought from Amazon, Dexter DB-35. Includes calipers, new brackets and pads, $229 for right and left.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D2M7KCY...roduct_details

6. Member
    I redid my brakes all the way around, new actuator, new reverse lock out, bleed lines to death, dot 3 synthetic fluid, new pads, lines already there, lines from trailer mfg not expensive, tool to force bleed system about 75 bucks from Amazon and new bleeders on calipers, tandem axle, about 400 bucks, fix them u will be happy
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    I never did this, but I have been researching the cost and effectiveness of going with electric brakes, and it makes sense to me. I recently bought a used Basscat with a Basscat trailer, and it looks like the master cylinder is bad and there are NO replacements.
    The prospect of cutting the tongue off and welding a different one on, make electric look quite sensible.
    I had electric installed on a new trailer this year and they have been excellent, I do unplug them when launching not so much to avid shorts as all the connections are sealed but they will lock up with no weight on the trailer when parking. Easier to unplug them them change the trailer gain.
    21 Lund 1775 Impact XS 21 Merc 115 Pro XS

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 61Woody View Post
    I had electric installed on a new trailer this year and they have been excellent, I do unplug them when launching not so much to avid shorts as all the connections are sealed but they will lock up with no weight on the trailer when parking. Easier to unplug them them change the trailer gain.
    Getting away from surge brakes was the best thing I ever did on my continual troubling and costly surge brake trailer. I have always owned electric brake trailers (4 of them) and have never had a short or failure with them. NO SURGE BRAKES FOR ME.
    Rocket

9. Member
    I just rebuilt my aluminum magic tilt saltwater boat trailer (2 axles, 4 springs, hubs, shackles, surge brakes, bunks, etc.) using parts from these guys in Florida. Their customer service is awesome and they have kits for what you're looking for. Oh, by the way, use "Bornagainboating10" for 10% off online or by phone. I used the Tiedown Engineering brake kit. It came with everything I needed for a complete rebuild. Good luck!

Forgot the link!
    https://www.boattrailerparts.com/
    Last edited by bqtoot; 01-06-2022 at 08:28 AM.

10. Member
    If the line has just been left open. You will need a new actuator. Brake fluid loves moisture. I would check it really well that it is not bad.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    I recently bought a used Basscat with a Basscat trailer, and it looks like the master cylinder is bad and there are NO replacements.
    The prospect of cutting the tongue off and welding a different one on, make electric look quite sensible.
    Dang what kind of actuator did they use.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12