Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I also recommend Pit Boss....its built EXACTLY the same as my neighbors Traeger...and 1/3 of the cost

2. Member
    I have a RecTeq 590 and a Bullseye. Use all the time for 2 years. Love them.
    Their customer service is top notch.

3. BBC SPONSOR
    My wife gave me a ZGrill a couple weeks ago for an early Christmas present. We have been very pleased so far.

RecTec
    Compare materials, construction, and features. Worth the extra money.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    RecTec
    Compare materials, construction, and features. Worth the extra money.
    This
    2014 Charger 496 / Merc 250 Pro XS

6. Member
    I went with Pit Boss and DO NOT regret it one little bit !!!!!!!

7. Banned
    Whatever you do don't buy a Traeger! JK I love mine! it's about 14 years old and only replaced the fan motor, it stays covered.

8. Member
    Im between traeger and rec tec...have my heart set on the rec tec
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckfishin View Post
    RecTec

10. Member
    Pit Boss

PitBoss is supposed to be a copy of the Traeger, and everything I've seen (in writing and in person) seems to confirm that.

I landed on a RecTec after tons and tons of research. I haven't owned any others so it's not fair for me to say it's the best, but I will say that I would buy it again in a heartbeat. Having compared it to buddies' Green Mountain, PitBoss, and Traeger grills, the RecTec seems to have them all equaled or beat across pretty much every dimension you would care about: build quality, maintaining even/set temperature, max temperature, pellet consumption, and ease of use.

Their phone application works extremely well, too. Most recent example: I had the turkey on my RecTec all morning/early afternoon at my house on Thanksgiving Day while hanging out at my in-laws. I was able to monitor/adjust grill temps (started low/smoky then raised to finish it off) and keep a close eye on the internal temp of the turkey from the app without issue. When I saw it w getting close to being ready, I drove home, finished it up, and trucked it back down my in-laws for a fantastic dinner. Sure as hell beat sitting at home babysitting it all day! It was also between 10 and 25 degrees outside with fairly brisk wind during the 7ish hour cook. I used something like 7-8 lbs of pellets (guesstimate based on hopper capacity) and had no issues whatsoever with getting it to achieve and stay at temps from 180 to 350. I didn't go higher than 350, but have had it up over 450 in outside temps hovering around 0 (real temp, not wind chill) when reverse searing steaks. I've explored making an insulating blanket out of a welder's blanket for it to help in the really cold temps, but have never followed through since it's not really needed.

Their customer service is incredible, too. I scraped mine putting it together, 100% my fault. They actually laughed when I called asking to buy touch up paint, said they'd never let a customer pay for that, and sent it for free the next day.
    Last edited by DrewFlu33; 11-30-2021 at 03:45 PM. Reason: customer service
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

12. Member
    I've had 2 Traegers over the last 20 or so years. They have been fantastic. They all make good products (haven't heard much on the Weber), so just buy which ever one makes you happy with its features. I'm sure you will be satisfied. If I was going to buy another tomorrow, I would probably buy one of the wifi Traegers (on sale at Home Depot, plus 5% when you use their card).

13. Member
    I bought a Webber this spring, I was intrigued by the 600 degree temp it would reach for searing. I seen all the bad reviews but a lot of the stuff I read said the gen 2 had fixed everything. I have only had one problem and I think it was do to extremely cheap pellets I bought. There was alot of fines in them and it seemed to smother the fire. The first bag I got was treager pellets and it worked great but then I got a bag at Walmart and that’s when the problems started. I got another bag of treager pellets and didn’t clean the hopper out and still had problems. So now I have completely cleaned the hopper and got a bag of Webber pellets, have not tried them yet but Im hoping it goes back to what I experienced at first.

14. Member
    PitBoss 820 for the money.

I have a traeger that I bought when they first came out. Has not missed a beat yet as far as firing up. If not cleaned out good, it sometimes will go out when trying to smoke something. When using it as a grill though, best thing I ever bought. Grill more now than I ever did with gas or charcoal. VERY EASY TO USE!!!!

16. Member
    Rec Tec will not disappoint.
    2023 Lund 2075 Pro V Bass XS
    2023 Mercury Pro XS 250 4S

Recteq is great. Keep in mind.....this is something you will keep for a long time.

" A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

I have a Traeger 575. First smoker of any kind that I have ever had and I got it in April. Extremely pleased with mine. My only complaint is that I wish I would have got a bigger one!
    2007 Triton TR-21X w/ Pro XS 250
    6" T&H Hi Jacker w/ 2" spacers
    26P Tempest

19. Member
    I highly recommend the Recteq, I’ve had the RT700 for 3 years now and I wish I would have made the purchase sooner.

20. Member
    my inlaws bought a Weber last spring. Its the gen 2 model. They have used it a lot and so far no issues.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12