Thread: Douglas!!!

Question Douglas!!!

I have never been to Douglas Lake and have a trip there this weekend for three days. Any thoughts or insight would be appreciated.
    Mostly largemouth?
    What about crappie?
    Anything I should be aware of while running?
    Best place to launch on southern end of the lake?

Thanks
    Chris Malczewski
    Baltimore, MD

2. Member
    I would use the danridge public ramp. Mostly largemouth but there is a decent number of smallmouth as well
    Lowrance Pro-Staff
    Picasso Outdoors
    PowerTeam Lures
    Red Dirt Baits
    Boing Lures
    E Custom Baits
    Full Throttle Tackle

3. Member
    The lake is at winter pool, or will be soon. I would suggest a good GPS unit with lake mapping with contours.

4. Member
    Thanks. I have a Humminbird with the Lakemaster chip for that area. I hope that keeps me out of trouble.
    Are there striped bass in the lake?
    Chris Malczewski
    Baltimore, MD

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by indadark View Post
    Thanks. I have a Humminbird with the Lakemaster chip for that area. I hope that keeps me out of trouble.
    Are there striped bass in the lake?
    Officially,no. Unofficially, I think it was Mark Rose that brought in a giant one during an open few years back.
    Be sure to go to tva's lake level website and set the water level offset. Be safe and catch them up.

6. Member
    Assuming you are talking the weekend of the 4th. Water levels are down 35 ft or so from winter pool. You'll need mapping. easy to run aground if you don't know the lake.

Largies and smallies in the lake. bite is shallow , 10 ft or less. Flatsided cranks, traps, jerk baits, and jigs. low 50's water temps.
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid---Ben Franklin