Alright let's get this started.....

So it's that time of year again. The boat is put to bed, the bait is in the holding tank for winter and my local pond is starting to turn solid. Any of you boys been out yet on the hardwater???
    I'm sure you MN and WI boys and our above the border friends must have found some safe ice by now. My goal is to branch out this year and try some new lakes, maybe even trout fish a bit. So let's hear it......

2. Member
    I’m planning on getting out in a couple weeks. Quite a few guys have been out ice fishing on smaller waters about an hour from me last weekend. I won’t press my luck so I’ll give it a couple more weeks to hopefully get to 4-6” thick.

my goal this year is a rainbow trout.. we have one lake that doesn’t get too much traffic and has a good amount of rainbows but I’ve never been able to hook one whether it’s tip ups (minnows, worms, smelt, and powerbait) or jigging
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

3. Member
    It's still duck season! No ice fishing here yet.

4. Member
    Made it out last weekend and we were planning to hit the ice this weekend but temps this week have eroded most of the ice within about 2 hours of my house and I am not up for 4+ hours of wheel time this weekend. Maybe I will take the boat out for open water in December in MN.

We popped a couple of decent ones to kick off the year.