Mega live vs LS vs Active imaging(Lowrance)- YouTube comparison

Very nice comparison of all 3 live imaging companies side by side while ice fishing

2. Member
    Thanks for posting. I enjoyed that .

Good video. Only thing that would make it a better test is let each company tune their units. I initially had the banding on my ML, but was able to tune it out and still see fish. That guy deserves an attaboy for the effort.
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

If I were buying based on this video, I’d be getting the Garmin. I will be buying one of these in the spring. Sure hope HB makes some improvements by then.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

5. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Yeah, I think he could have eliminated (or greatly reduced) the flashing semi-circles with a simple adjustment of the Mega Live Interference Rejection setting. It is strange how it was still having the flashing semi-circles even when the other units were off. I have never seen that on mine before.

I only use Landscape Mode so don't have any personal experience with Forward or Down Mode but there does seem to be a consistent theme to many of the early videos... It seems more difficult to keep "things" in the sweet spot of the cone with Merga Live; however, when it is on the fish and the lure, it is as good, if not better, than the other two.

I noticed that he also has confusion on the Mega Live cone size. He said one thing but then later updated it with a text overlay with a different cone size. I do wish that Humminbird would publish the actual spec on this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SLYDoggie; 11-30-2021 at 08:15 AM.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

Interesting. I got my ML for ice fishing because of the no box, thinking it would be more compact. The problem is the transducer is too large to easily fit in 8" holes. Might have to reassess this now. I am beyond disappointed in the Humminbirds landscape mode which would have been really nice for ice fishing. It is a totally useless feature.

7. Member
    Garmin has eliminated those pulses. I am not an ice fisherman for sure, but I wonder if the ice is causing all those echoes. In shallow water the boat can give multiple soundings bouncing between the bottom and the boat. The ice will probably do it. Good video. I liked the Lowrance best in that situation. I think any deficiencies ML has will get better through updates, JMO Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

8. Member
    I am curious as to why all the units were not running similar color schemes and why he chose the blue for the Garmin.

9. Banned
    This is pretty much what I have seen between the three.