Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Do you have a different burden of proof

For your religious beliefs, and you everyday life?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rexico View Post
    Are you speaking of “Beyond the shadow of a doubt”, “Beyond a reasonable doubt” or “a preponderance of evidence”?

My burden of proof is “faith” in Gods Word when it comes to my Lord and Savior. As far as everyday life, any of the above and sometimes just plain recklessness…

3. Member
    I understand the angle of your question and you're suspicion is correct. In fact, even within a persons religion they will require proof in some areas but not others. Condisder this; most everyone here will say God doesn't change and still speaks to those who seek him. If you or I were to make a post proclaiming that God spoke to us while revealing what he said, they would all be skeptical. Their acceptance or rejection would be based solely on what the message was. Think long and hard about that, seriously. We're talking about people who claim unwavering 1000% faith in scripture written decades after the death of Jesus, by authors who we don't even know, with writings based on nothing other than decades of word of mouth rumor where stories were undoubtedly embellished, fabricated, changed, or omitted.....and only available to us now after being filtered through 20+ centuries of translations and copying by people who can't even be identified.....yet they proclaim it as inarguable truth! However, God speaking to us today would be met with raised eyebrows and rejection.....let that sink in for a moment.

How could people be so blatantly inconsistent? It's the result of RELIGION, not the result of truly seeking God. People make God fit their beliefs when it should be just the opposite. That's why you see nothing here but robotic responses regurgitated over and over. Religion conditions people to be horribly inconsistent...but they don't see it because they must comply with the "rules".

I can tell from the questions you post that you're a BIG PICTURE kind of person. I am too. The problem is that you are asking questions expecting responses from the heart, but instead you get (with few exceptions) responses that are first filtered through the persons religion. That's why there are debates and bickering within the clubhouse. Just know that's not a result of seeking God.

To be completely transparent, I was once like that myself. For years I had the same kinds of questions you ask but I never voiced them, I would have denied those questions had ever entered my mind because I knew they weren't acceptable and I was all about compliance and approval. I have discovered that God thrives outside of church walls and church doctrine. You'll never get answers here that acknowledge the true beauty of the forrest....because there are too many trees in the way.
    Full blood Nikonian

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonG View Post
    I understand the angle of your question and you're suspicion is correct. In fact, even within a persons religion they will require proof in some areas but not others. Condisder this; most everyone here will say God doesn't change and still speaks to those who seek him. If you or I were to make a post proclaiming that God spoke to us while revealing what he said, they would all be skeptical. Their acceptance or rejection would be based solely on what the message was. Think long and hard about that, seriously. We're talking about people who claim unwavering 1000% faith in scripture written decades after the death of Jesus, by authors who we don't even know, with writings based on nothing other than decades of word of mouth rumor where stories were undoubtedly embellished, fabricated, changed, or omitted.....and only available to us now after being filtered through 20+ centuries of translations and copying by people who can't even be identified.....yet they proclaim it as inarguable truth! However, God speaking to us today would be met with raised eyebrows and rejection.....let that sink in for a moment.

How could people be so blatantly inconsistent? It's the result of RELIGION, not the result of truly seeking God. People make God fit their beliefs when it should be just the opposite. That's why you see nothing here but robotic responses regurgitated over and over. Religion conditions people to be horribly inconsistent...but they don't see it because they must comply with the "rules".

I can tell from the questions you post that you're a BIG PICTURE kind of person. I am too. The problem is that you are asking questions expecting responses from the heart, but instead you get (with few exceptions) responses that are first filtered through the persons religion. That's why there are debates and bickering within the clubhouse. Just know that's not a result of seeking God.

To be completely transparent, I was once like that myself. For years I had the same kinds of questions you ask but I never voiced them, I would have denied those questions had ever entered my mind because I knew they weren't acceptable and I was all about compliance and approval. I have discovered that God thrives outside of church walls and church doctrine. You'll never get answers here that acknowledge the true beauty of the forrest....because there are too many trees in the way.
    Hey guys.... This post is as close to the "truth" as you have ever read on this forum.
    P.S.
    You're killing dig as he has publicly declared that he will not respond to trolls.....you heathen
    Last edited by rexico; 12-02-2021 at 02:37 AM.

5. Member
    Hey guys.... This post is as close to the "truth" as you have ever read on this forum.
    P.S.
    You're killing dig as he has publicly declared that he will not respond to trolls.....you heathen
    You should be asking Houston questions if you are not satisfied with my answers. You have been satisfied with his responses many times. Why are you asking me questions if I fall in line with what Houston wrote above?

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chisco View Post
    You should be asking Houston questions if you are not satisfied with my answers. You have been satisfied with his responses many times. Why are you asking me questions if I fall in line with what Houston wrote above?
    I like your answers, I learn from hearing all opinions. I have to be smart enough to filter thru all info. it's like reviews on Amazon. Houston is a smart guy.
    My response to a lot of his remarks is "I never thought about that" That's how I learn. Which challenges you more, what rexico and Houston posted every day or
    the daily Bible verse? No insult meant. Keep answering, that's how I learn. I may not agree, but I appreciate your input.

7. Member
    I like your answers, I learn from hearing all opinions. I have to be smart enough to filter thru all info. it's like reviews on Amazon. Houston is a smart guy.
    My response to a lot of his remarks is "I never thought about that" That's how I learn. Which challenges you more, what rexico and Houston posted every day or
    the daily Bible verse? No insult meant. Keep answering, that's how I learn. I may not agree, but I appreciate your input.
    Godsdozer is available to answer your questions also. I don’t agree with his “end times” views but we both agree Christ is the answer for salvation.

8. Banned
    Godsdozer is available to answer your questions also. I don’t agree with his “end times” views but we both agree Christ is the answer for salvation.
    I would still like to know which you like best Houston and rexico's post or "the daily Bible verse"?

9. Member
    I would still like to know which you like best Houston and rexico's post or "the daily Bible verse"?
    No offense to you or Houston but Gods Word takes priority over everything in my life right now. My family is next.

I don’t mind at all interacting with you guys as long as it doesn’t get demeaning and/or heated. I am just as guilty as anyone and can sometimes get drawn up into or start arguments before I realize it. I apologize to all for my behavior in those circumstances. God has forgiven me.

You must have missed my question in another post. God said if you seek him with all your heart and all your soul, that He will reveal himself to you. Do you believe this in relation to Muslim, Hindu, etc.?
    Last edited by Chisco; 12-02-2021 at 08:59 AM.

10. Banned
    No offense to you or Houston but Gods Word takes priority over everything in my life right now. My family is next.

I don’t mind at all interacting with you guys as long as it doesn’t get demeaning and/or heated. I am just as guilty as anyone and can sometimes get drawn up into or start arguments before I realize it. I apologize to all for my behavior in those circumstances. God has forgiven me.

You must have missed my question in another post. God said if you seek him with all your heart and all your soul, that He will reveal himself to you. Do you believe this in relation to Muslim, Hindu, etc.?
    My answer is in #5 on your post about other religions. and also I didn't mean what was priority in your life, but if you like to check out the forums bad boys? Sorry for the misunderstanding.

11. Member
    Bad boys? Is that how I'm seen?
    Full blood Nikonian

12. Member
    My answer is in #5 on your post about other religions. and also I didn't mean what was priority in your life, but if you like to check out the forums bad boys? Sorry for the misunderstanding.
    In post #5 of “Other Religions”, are you answering my question with a question?…………and now requiring me to ask this question?lol

As far as posts by you and Houston…. I generally read them. I know where Houston stands and I generally know what to expect from his answers. He comes across as smart and articulate and doesn’t hold back his feelings.

It’s always interesting to read your questions because, in some cases, it requires me to think deeply about my answers and to search scripture for appropriate responses. You seem intelligent and I think I know where you stand but you don’t express your thoughts to the board in many cases. Sometimes, I think the board is simply entertainment for you and you like to create controversy with your questions…..but I don’t know you personally enough to decide. You don’t seem to get upset with anyone but I do know that you like to antagonize Digs at times which isn’t really appropriate for a faith board in my opinion. With that said, you don’t offend me or upset me in any way. I’ll always try to answer your questions as long as they aren’t repetitive
    Last edited by Chisco; 12-02-2021 at 03:20 PM.

13. Member
    As far as posts by you and Houston…. I generally read them. I know where Houston stands and I generally know what to expect from his answers. He comes across as smart and articulate and doesn’t hold back his feelings.
    Apologies if I come across as harsh or insensitive. It's a message board, I like the open and honest dialogue. Sometimes it's hard to add sugar coating to honesty.
    Full blood Nikonian

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonG View Post
    Apologies if I come across as harsh or insensitive. It's a message board, I like the open and honest dialogue. Sometimes it's hard to add sugar coating to honesty.
    No apologies needed Houston. I do appreciate your honest answers/responses.

15. Banned
    In post #5 of “Other Religions”, are you answering my question with a question?…………and now requiring me to ask this question?lol

It’s always interesting to read your questions because, in some cases, it requires me to think deeply about my answers and to search scripture for appropriate responses. You seem intelligent and I think I know where you stand but you don’t express your thoughts to the board in many cases. Sometimes, I think the board is simply entertainment for you and you like to create controversy with your questions…..but I don’t know you personally enough to decide. You don’t seem to get upset with anyone but I do know that you like to antagonize Digs at times which isn’t really appropriate for a faith board in my opinion. With that said, you don’t offend me or upset me in any way. I’ll always try to answer your questions as long as they aren’t repetitive
    I get it, the answers to my questions here over the last year or so have given me a new perspective on, how religion works. I was hoping it had changed since my childhood perspective. By asking questions to people I don't personally know, I can stay clear of the conflict that comes with questions that are not supposed to be ask. Every one of the couples my wife and I socialize with, attend church on regular basis. We would be banned from Monday night supper club, if I ask questions about gay people, sex slaves, evolution, or talking snakes.
    Trust me their reaction would be just the same as here on the forum. It is way more comforting, to read beautiful verses about love, and salvation, followed by a chorus of "amen brother" than it is to explain why God killed everyone in a city except for the virgins...Ever hear a sermon on that? I really believe most people here on the forum have good working, logic and reason, but when you have to defend a position, that goes against, you get irritated, some go silent, and some the skitzo comes out. It's beyond my ability to comprehend. My logic and reason developed over 70 yrs. of living is useless. Amen, brother amen.
    Last edited by rexico; 12-03-2021 at 08:10 AM.

16. Member
    I get it, the answers to my questions here over the last year or so have given me a new perspective on, how religion works. I was hoping it had changed since my childhood perspective. By asking questions to people I don't personally know, I can stay clear of the conflict that comes with questions that are not supposed to be ask. Every one of the couples my wife and I socialize with, attend church on regular basis. We would be banned from Monday night supper club, if I ask questions about gay people, sex slaves, evolution, or talking snakes.
    Trust me their reaction would be just the same as here on the forum. It is way more comforting, to read beautiful verses about love, and salvation, followed by a chorus of "amen brother" than it is to explain why God killed everyone in a city except for the virgins...Ever hear a sermon on that? I really believe most people here on the forum have good working, logic and reason, but when you have to defend a position, that goes against, you get irritated, some go silent, and some the skitzo comes out. It's beyond my ability to comprehend. My logic and reason developed over 70 yrs. of living is useless. Amen, brother amen.
    yes…I have read about the Midianites and the virgins. As you read the Old Testament, you will see that God took vengeance on those cities/tribes that were full of immorality and idolatry in order to protect the Israelites (His chosen people). This shouldn’t come as a shock to you. As mankind matured and learned through history, Jesus provided us with new instructions in the New Testament (golden rule, turn the other cheek, forgiveness, etc).

As far as me getting frustrated….I am guilty of it sometimes but most of the time my writing is just simply direct. I think sometimes non-believers think true Christians are naive and simply look for the niceties of the world and….some do. However, God doesn’t tell us to be nice (pleasant, agreeable). He tells us to be patient and kind (considerate, helpful). I try to be the latter but I’m nowhere near perfect.

17. Member
    rexico,

Good morning. I have stayed out of this thread because it seemed to me, I have already interacted with you on the same or similar subject several times. I will make the following remarks in regards to your last post (#15).

1. Has God ever harmed/killed/slayed/brought judgment on or did something unjust to an innocent person?

2. Do you believe communication often involves the use of Simile, Metaphor, Parable and others? (You know, those virgins and slaves and sex traffickers you keep bringing up?

3. You believe in a creator/ God, (I think you have stated in the past you do), if you do not, please discard this, but if you do, do you think that creator or God is sovereign? If you believe the creator or God is sovereign then why do you ask the questions you ask? Can't a sovereign creator or God do what he desires, after all the creator or God is sovereign isn't he?

If you would answer each question I have presented, I would appreciate it. I am not looking for bible verses, your church members actions or opinions that you and your wife meet with for Monday night suppers but rather YOUR answer to the 3 questions.

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by godsdozer View Post
    rexico,

Good morning. I have stayed out of this thread because it seemed to me, I have already interacted with you on the same or similar subject several times. I will make the following remarks in regards to your last post (#15).

1. Has God ever harmed/killed/slayed/brought judgment on or did something unjust to an innocent person?

2. Do you believe communication often involves the use of Simile, Metaphor, Parable and others? (You know, those virgins and slaves and sex traffickers you keep bringing up?

3. You believe in a creator/ God, (I think you have stated in the past you do), if you do not, please discard this, but if you do, do you think that creator or God is sovereign? If you believe the creator or God is sovereign then why do you ask the questions you ask? Can't a sovereign creator or God do what he desires, after all the creator or God is sovereign isn't he?

If you would answer each question I have presented, I would appreciate it. I am not looking for bible verses, your church members actions or opinions that you and your wife meet with for Monday night suppers but rather YOUR answer to the 3 questions.
    I am off to town to the Christmas jubilee and breakfast. This afternoon I will answer all three. (new leaf)

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by godsdozer View Post
    rexico,

1. Yes....God, according to the bible killed lots of babies
    How could any 6mo baby be wicked enough to need killing? Surely in a "city" there would be several old ladies that don't need killing. Maybe a nice
    older couple that just moved to town to be closer to the grand kids?
    I am definitely against killing babies, and old people
    2. Yes...simile, metaphors are commonly used in communication. I have only heard of parables in the bible.
    I think these are a way to dodge what a verse says, you know, ''needs a little translation." Lev. 18:22 means what is says. but Matt 10:34 needs a
    little translation. Exodus 21, is definitely instruction on how to own/treat slaves.(needs a little translation)? I definitely think owning other people is
    immoral. I don't think there was a time when killing babies, and owning people was good.
    3. Yes.... definitely a creator but he is not the author of the bible...people wrote the bible, people that didn't know about germs, or atoms, or where the
    sun went at night. Houston has the very best evaluation of who wrote the bible. I don't believe there was ever a time when the laws of physics did
    not apply.

Every one of my current views could change with evidence. Most all of these opinions were formed by reading the forum.
    My favorite Houston quote is "if gay is a choice, what is the date you made your choice" You can always tell when your on to something, when you
    get no response. This is sort of fractured writing but you get the message.
    Last edited by rexico; 12-03-2021 at 05:39 PM.

20. Member
    Rexico….thanks. I now know where you stand. You believe in a divine creator of the universe, world, mankind, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast