Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Didn’t realize you were such a badass! My apologies Sir!

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyt View Post
    Didn’t realize you were such a badass! My apologies Sir!
    apology accepted

3. Banned
    I think they can all get rough when the wind gets above 20 mph. I have been on Kerr and could almost throw a rock and hit a tornado coming across the lake. That was pretty scary having only owned a bass boat a couple years when it happened. Scared the crap out of me. Did make it back to the ramp with a boat load of marble size hail or bigger. As far as the Pamlico sound and the Albermarle sound i have been out there quite a few times and it was just as rough just as t he Kerr event but far more scary. Visibility was very limited to a very short distance. I would say the sounds can get the worse from my few experiences. You can lose rods, reelstrolling motors along with just about anything on the bat.

4. Member
    I've never seen the Pamlico get really bad, but I promise you the Albemarle sound can be deadly if the conditions are right. I'm gonna have to agree with kb_rn. I grew up fishing in the Triangle, and now I live in Greenville and fish the eastern river systems. "rough" in the triangle lakes doesn't compare with "rough" on the sounds. It's just a completely different beast.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by th365thli View Post
    I've never seen the Pamlico get really bad, but I promise you the Albemarle sound can be deadly if the conditions are right. I'm gonna have to agree with kb_rn. I grew up fishing in the Triangle, and now I live in Greenville and fish the eastern river systems. "rough" in the triangle lakes doesn't compare with "rough" on the sounds. It's just a completely different beast.
    you can say that again

6. Mike Lamb
    Any body of water can get rough that is for sure. I know what 3foot waves look like. I was in the Navy and spent many times in bays in small boat (rubber boats). Kerr lake has got me more then once. You are right about you dont hear about bass boats getting swamped or over turned on the inland lakes. Many different reasons for why IMO. One, lakes like Jordan or Kerr. We dont have to run open water to get where we want to go. Fished Okeechobee once and we never went main body. We ran the sides cause it was blowing 10 to 20. In the bay area you are talking about. if you want to go that way. You have to eat it. I get that. So yes you will have people that take that chance. But I will say I have seen waves come over the docks at Jordan. That was no 2.5 foot wave. But you know more then anyone. That is for sure. Oh, if you really want to see some waves and have fun. Go to lake champlaine. put in when blowing out of the north 10 to 15mp. You will see some rollers that you will think you are in the surf. (if you dont know the lake flows south to north). Waves stack up due to the heavy current. Fun times.
    Michael Lamb
    2017 / Ranger 518c 200 Mercury Pro XS
    Raleigh, NC

7. Banned
    Going to Jordan in the morning and see if i can catch anything. Me and my daughter are going to try and find some bass of any size. Predicted to be very nice weather so that would be the biggest plus for sure. Might even hit Harris, all depends on where she wants to go. We both love to fish shallow and cover water so if that does not work we will try something a little deeper. May be my last trip out on the boat because i am going to shut her done and recover the seats, replace the carpet and install a new Garning 93sv uhh and take the striker off the front. Also my attempt working on the fiberglass while she is down. Hopefully have her ready by March and that will probably take a miracle. Hope to see somebody fromBBC on the water.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dwmgg17 View Post
    Going to Jordan in the morning and see if i can catch anything. Me and my daughter are going to try and find some bass of any size. Predicted to be very nice weather so that would be the biggest plus for sure. Might even hit Harris, all depends on where she wants to go. We both love to fish shallow and cover water so if that does not work we will try something a little deeper. May be my last trip out on the boat because i am going to shut her done and recover the seats, replace the carpet and install a new Garning 93sv uhh and take the striker off the front. Also my attempt working on the fiberglass while she is down. Hopefully have her ready by March and that will probably take a miracle. Hope to see somebody fromBBC on the water.
    Tight lines

9. Member
    Well folks I went to Jordan this Am. I got there at 8 am and after talking to a cpl boaters I started up and ran 500 yards from Poe’s landing and caught a 4 lber on a spinner boat in 4’ of water on a point. Lake was slick folks. Fished about 30 more minutes and got no bites. That was the creek as I call it of Poe landing. I ran to the split of big beaver and little beaver. I fished those tree tops there with a Zara spook and bam, I got a 4 lber on the white Spook and I had the body in The water side with red dye on the butt of it. 3 cast later I got another fish and this one was 2 lbs. That was around 9am and that was all for the top water. I ran around hitting places I seen boats in the past fishing with no bites. So I thought about what would I do if I was back in Mo with 51 degree water temp. So i tied on a big jerk bait. 6” bait as they should still be feeding and I was right. I ran to stinky creek as they call it and there was 5 boats back there but they was fishing deep. That’s 12’ of water as you all know. So i shut down and started fishing the left side in 15’ casting the jerk bait to the bank and I caught 3 more keepers on the jerk bait in about an hour. So The key for me was to go bigger and work the stick bait faster than I normally would at 51 degree. I had no fish really but those 2. I wouldn’t of won anything but it is my day and I hope I’m able to help someone. Water was 48 when I got there. 52 when I left at 2 pm.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bruhn View Post
    Well folks I went to Jordan this Am. I got there at 8 am and after talking to a cpl boaters I started up and ran 500 yards from Poe’s landing and caught a 4 lber on a spinner boat in 4’ of water on a point. Lake was slick folks. Fished about 30 more minutes and got no bites. That was the creek as I call it of Poe landing. I ran to the split of big beaver and little beaver. I fished those tree tops there with a Zara spook and bam, I got a 4 lber on the white Spook and I had the body in The water side with red dye on the butt of it. 3 cast later I got another fish and this one was 2 lbs. That was around 9am and that was all for the top water. I ran around hitting places I seen boats in the past fishing with no bites. So I thought about what would I do if I was back in Mo with 51 degree water temp. So i tied on a big jerk bait. 6” bait as they should still be feeding and I was right. I ran to stinky creek as they call it and there was 5 boats back there but they was fishing deep. That’s 12’ of water as you all know. So i shut down and started fishing the left side in 15’ casting the jerk bait to the bank and I caught 3 more keepers on the jerk bait in about an hour. So The key for me was to go bigger and work the stick bait faster than I normally would at 51 degree. I had no fish really but those 2. I wouldn’t of won anything but it is my day and I hope I’m able to help someone. Water was 48 when I got there. 52 when I left at 2 pm.
    I call that a great day!

11. Banned
    Me aand my daughter end8ng up with 10. I caught 2. Slow plastic fishing. Nothing on moving baits. Left around 4pm. Pretty day. First time fishing Jordan with water that low. See a lot of boats fishing for crappie, white perch i assjume.

You know it’s rough on Albermarle Sound when the the boat n front of your you goes out of sight and comes back up on the other side. All of a sudden tying to get to Yopem just got real…

Quote Originally Posted by Jcd1732 View Post
    You know it’s rough on Albermarle Sound when the the boat n front of your you goes out of sight and comes back up on the other side. All of a sudden tying to get to Yopem just got real…
    David Blanton

Anglers Choice Pro Staff
    Stratos 201XLE
    Tournament Director / Warriors on the Water

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcd1732 View Post
    Should have followed me. Would have gotten them there.
    BassCat Puma
    250 ProXs
    Humminbird Electronic's
    Helix 12 G4
    Solix 12x2 G3
    Mega 360
    Mega Live
    Minn Kota Ultrex MDI
    Relion Batteries
    Dexter Suspension System

15. Banned
    Hey, i have seen that only once and i was solo and it was really scary to me so i reckon i got educated that day on quite a few things. Been out a few times solo since and glad it was not that bad. Those dang floating crab pot/net bouys are hardly visible on a slick day and completely invisible on those rough water days. Had to cut one off my prop years ago in the Pamlico sound when i misjudged the wind.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12