Question about side scan on Echomap 93Sv

I have a 93 SV UHD with LiveScope. I have been using it for a couple months with the LiveScope and sonar from the US2 transducer on my Ultrex.
    I had not installed the GT54 transducer until today. After installing it on the trolling motor and powering up, I do not have an icon for side scan. I do have clear VU.
    Does the unit automatically recognize the transducer or do I need to change some settings.
    I know it is something simple but reading the manual did not help.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Unit will recognize that is has sidescan.... on the main page go into the the sonar tab and should see the side vu tab......doing this from memory but i can check tomorrow....
    Last edited by fishin couillon; 11-29-2021 at 10:13 PM.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Bill, on main page go to the "sonar" tab. Once you pick that it will show you preloaded sonar screens. Now if you want a direct button on the screen then on main screen, go to "customized home" button, then "add", "sonar", "side vu".....that will place a button on the screen. You can also assign it to the a quick set button.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Thanks much. I went out today to locate brush while the lake is low and and did not see the icon but I reset to default settings and it showed up. This my first experience with Garmin side and down scan and I am impressed. I have a Lowrance Gen3 on the console with SS3D and thought that was the best available but when the budget allows for a larger Livescope unit on the bow I will move 93sv to the console without hesitation.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching