Aftermarket Trim Box?

I yanked this out today since it wasn't connected to anything anymore. It was wired into some trim switches that appear to be aftermarket? I have trim on the lever, up front, steering wheel, and motor. Then this box was connected to a few trim switches that seem out of place. What's the purpose of this unit if my boat has trim switches already?

20211129_161352.jpg

20211129_161427.jpg

2. Member
    That looks like an aftermarket remote for power poles. I had one like it on a Ranger 518 that I bought.

3. Member
    Hmm. Interesting. The trim switches it was wired to are odd. One is a 3 position toggle. The other two are two position up down switches.

20211129_161454.jpg

4. Member
    Also could have been for a hydraulic jack plate. Our rig (2001 X19) had a single toggle, nondescript near the throttle lever... Based on the older looking stuff, I would guess Jack plate over power poles...

5. Member
    I can see this as a possibility. The 3 way toggle may have been just a spare switch wired in for a kind of on/off switch and the other two two way toggles may have been the up down. I have a power lift hydraulic jackplate now and it's got its own switch at the console.

6. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    I was gonna say Hydraulic jackplate because my friend had one on his 361 Ranger for his jackplate . Once he found the sweet spot he pulled the fuse to eliminate hitting it by accident or someone else hitting it...
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

7. Member
    I think you are correct. I think this was what was on there before the powerlift was put on there. These wires weren't connected to anything anymore so I took them out. The new jackplate that is on there is wired nice and neat and only has one switch wired in at the console.